fresh, fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh, fresh

Got out early this morning with the nice conditions. Went trougth the floodgate to find some salty water to no avail. Bait was thick all the way out from moses but after thirty minutes I knew just to enjoy the boat ride. Had Brenda with me so of it was " one more cast, honey". " you wanna try this yellow shrimp." Sometimes I'm just a glutton for punishment.

Man I was gonna go in the morning but I'm in the same boat over here - water looks like crud.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Lol. My water color wasn't bad. Dirty green. I was working over 6 foot of water trying to hop that shrimp tail close to the bottom. Johnson sprite and a chicken bone 52 wouldn't score either. It'll be on next week if no more floods.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Sometimes there is a layer of fresh water on top of the salt water because the salt is heavier. But with all the runoff, I'd be surprised if this was true. I guess it depends on where you are. Maybe East Bay or the ship channel rigs would be better...?

Comment

I' ve been schooled on the fresh on top theory also, Mr. Buddy. That's why I was fishing deep. As far as the ship channel and running to east bay my whaler would have made it but I don't know if I would've. I don't think the fishing lesson I was getting from cuddles van damm would have been worth the trip

Comment

Thanks for the report. This rain has been really trying.
            "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Cuddles Van Dam ! HAHAHA

Comment

Lol

Comment

I had a chance to go out from Louis this afternoon for about two hours. Water wasn't bad looking, dirty green as Harvey said. I found some bait on the north shoreline but the visibility was poor and the bait wasn't threatened. Motored around in Jones and saw the same thing.

I thought I saw some slicks popping around the ICW but they didn't have the proper odor and seemed like they were in a strange place. Could have been a crab trap slick for all I know.

In short, nice boat ride.
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                  X