I can't stand it...I'm going!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't stand it...I'm going!

I've been staring at the surf cams and reading reports all week...I can't stand it anymore... I'm sneaking down late this afternoon and going to try the surf. Hitting Jamaica Beach.

I'm a newbie when it comes to surf fishing...at least I haven't done it in years. From what I've gathered by reading threads here, I should be throwing spoons and soft plastics switch to top waters late. Look for bait fish/birds and don't pass up fishing the first gut.

Gonna spend the night and either hit the surf again in the morning or take the boat out and hit some spots in WB.

Anything last minute tips for a surf fishing rookie?

- FP

watch for stingrays, had two swim by me and hooked one yesterday afternoon. Also, got stung twice by those pink manawars. I threw spoon and mirolure, had mullet as far as you could see but I did not catch anything. good luck.

Comment

Be safe snd have fun.

Comment

Getting rougher and Jack fish moved in where I was at I had a rodeo with a brute at sunrise.
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Be safe, a lot of strong currents out there and catch your limit.
          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Hope you got on 'em.

Comment

Get out there and go for it. Sometimes all the "rules" go out the window. I've limited in sandy water at 3 in the afternoon before. The surf can be addicting. When its on, there's nothing like it.

Comment

Working...
              X