Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahhhhh!

I just wanted to vent a little.

I have fished about 10 times so far this year-didn't even fish last Saturday or Sunday when the weather was absolutely perfect.

Have GF's parents, sister, kids and grandkids coming to my hill country place for 10 days, so I get to spend next 2 weekends playing host.

I need a fishing fix like a junkie needs a needle.

Someone call me a whambulance.

The saving grace for me is that it's spota rain all weekend in G Town, so..... good luck all and be careful.

Also, I'll fill my deer feeders and imbibe quite heavily-the stock price on Coors may trend upward later today.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Coors.....I knew you had good taste Jerry.

My ex-girlfriend and I were driving through Colorado a few summers back and we passed by a Coors brewery at about midnight and all the lights were on and the parking lot was full of employees' cars. She said "Looks like they can make it faster than you can drink it". I responded "Yeah...but I got 'em working nights!"
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

I'll be washing away my fishing sorrows as well this weekend.
      I was supposed to fish at Hackberry LA, tomorrow. But it's getting rained out.

Stock in Coors, being a rice beer, doesn't impress me.
      A real Texas beer (w/ barley malt) is what I'll be loyal to (Shiner and/or St. Arnold's)
      Be safe...
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I'm driving down to east bay this weekend and going to give it a go even tho it's suppose to rain all weekend
        Tight Lines and Calm Seas and remember to enjoy life with friends

Comment

My Venice tuna trip got called off. Sucks.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great one Termo!!!!! Makin em work nights!! Loved it. Sorry-I gotta spread more green before I can give ya some more green!!

Me, Oleander and IBTSOOM can all drown our sorrows this weekend in Cerveza.

Really there are truly only three kinds of beer in this world:
            1. Canned
            2. Bottled
            3. Keg
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

BTW, Oleander, when I did a summer job back in 70s at Uncle Bens Rice loading railcars and trucks, many railcars headed to the Buttwiper Plant after they unloaded at Uncle bens-they use rice for their beer also-maybe that's why Buttwiper gives me a bad headache so I switched to Coors and of course Shiner Bock-but started on Shiner Bock because in the 70's it was $4/case for returnable longnecks and that's all I could afford in college (UT of course-Hook 'em-and tuition was around $280 a semester, rent was $125/month and I drove a POS yellow Capri with 130k miles on it-and life was damnnn good)!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                I drove a POS yellow Capri with 130k miles on it-and life was damnnn good)!
                I had a summer job w/ Northrup-King Seeds. My territory was a large chunk of Iowa. They gave me a per deim on expenses, so I slept on the seed cases in the back of the truck to save the per deim. It got me nearly through the next year of college. The truck was not much better than that Capri, on mileage and appurtenances. Yea, life was good then.
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Great one Termo!!!!! Makin em work nights!! Loved it. Sorry-I gotta spread more green before I can give ya some more green!!

Me, Oleander and IBTSOOM can all drown our sorrows this weekend in Cerveza.

Really there are truly only three kinds of beer in this world:
                  1. Canned
                  2. Bottled
                  3. Keg
                  You forgot the best one......FREE!
                  Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                  "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                    You forgot the best one......FREE!
                    I'll drink to that!!

Comment

I'm testing all these beer theories right now walking up and down Las Vegas Blvd.

No rain either.

Comment

Drink one for me. Whew, I bet its hot.

Comment

After winning 2 door prizes and Big Redfish last Saturday at the HAPL Fishing Tourney, you are smart going to Vegas-you certainly are on a hot winning streak!!! WGT JT!

Comment

Haha..that was another great tournament you put on Jerry. We did light up the craps table last night too! Had a big group of young guys at a table rolling for the first time that had no clue and they were unconscious.

Comment

Nothing like being "Young and Dumb". knock em dead tonight! Then you can take me to Akumal.

Comment

Working...
                              X