Jamaica Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Beach

I called my neighbor and he said we (him and me) have 6" of water over our docks, the street (Jamaica Cove rd) is flooded and my brother said Channel 11 was interviewing folks about flood water and had camera showing boat basin area is underwater now.

Anyone got updates or pics of Jamaica Beach? Please keep us posted.

Thanks.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Here's a pic of my place that my neighbor sent this morning... we're on Pelican Rd in JB.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TS Bill 6-16.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	561999

Comment

The flooding is about average for JB in a storm. The middle is flooded like it always is in a storm. Certainly not near the worst that I've seen here. The tide is maybe 4 feet above normal.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Roy said he saw a tv reporter wearing rubber boots standing in a DITCH giving an interview in JB.

Comment

They ALWAYS stand in a ditch. It's the Jim Cantore school of storm "reporting".
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I'm hoping to retire on a canal lot in JB someday so I'm very interested in the flooding situation. Keep us posted!

Comment

I a News 2 reporter giving a story from around the boat ramp in JB. The water couldn't have been more than ankle deep.

Comment

How come you never see Stephanie Abrams standing soaking wet in a ditch down here?

Comment

Hope all is well down there!

Comment

Hope the water level hasn't rising to much on the island. Stay safe and dry.
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                    X