Need a Little Help from My Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Little Help from My Friends

I am bringing the family to Jamaica Beach early July. I have never stayed in this area of the bay before and after looking over the charts I am wondering how can you get to the intercoastal so I can run up the bay. I have a bay boat and feel comfortable running in 3-4 ft of water but can't seem to find a way to the channel.

Pm Kenny or Robalo or jt , they can fill ya in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

This is a link to a map, it shows a channel to deeper water and there's a cut to get to the intercoastal. Hope this helps
      Green grass and high tides forever
      Mike Mathena

Comment

If you're heading east in the ICW, the easiest way to head to Green's Cut. Most reliable during all tides. The cut right across from JB can get shallow at times. Not sure what's available west of there.
        VHF 16/68

Comment

Agree with Diablo. Green's Cut is your best route. Coming out of the end of the JB channel, Green's cut is to the Northeast. The channel is marked by 2 PVC poles next to each other... one taller than the other... at least that's how I always travel. Pretty much passable on any tide. Once you're through Green's Cut you can run the ICW in either direction.

Speaking from experience... you don't want to try and navigate Carancahua Cut (straight north from JB)...at lower tides it can do a number on your boat. Just trust me on this one.

Comment

Theres a cut almost directly out from sea isle. It's marked w poles and has a west end marina sign on it. Its been about 2 years since it was dredged out.

Comment

Butchshivers,
              What part of Dallas are you from?
              VHF 16/68

Comment

JT I pass through there all the time and i need 15 inches of water to run. Never had a problem.

Comment

I live in Corinth and have a bakery in Addison

Comment

Thank you all for the info. I feel more comfortable now, Anyone know where we can get live croakers and shrimp

Comment

Originally posted by butchstivers View Post
                      Thank you all for the info. I feel more comfortable now, Anyone know where we can get live croakers and shrimp
                      ...welcome to the site! What are you fishing for if I might ask? Coming from up "North" are you comfortable with pitching lures and plastic? Either way you will get some good advice here from our friends!!

Comment

There's a bait shop just west of Jamaica Beach on the north side of the highway past Seven Seas grocery. Becky & Jerry's. They have shrimp...not sure about croaker.

Tell Jerry you're a Democrat...you'll get better service that way. Lol!

Comment

Jerry doesn't have croakers.....but it's fun to call every year and ask!!

We spent 20 years in Dallas. The last place we lived was Castle Hills. Spent a lot of time in and around your area. Moved here two years ago. What's the name of the Bakery?
                          VHF 16/68

Comment

Delicious Cakes. I have a store in Addison and one in Southlake.

Comment

I'm not sure Democrat will come out of my mouth without coughing and calling bullshit. LOL! I'm bringing my grandkids (15 year old BIG BOYs) and they have never really caught a real fish so I'm hoping to get them on some reds and trout. I usually throw plastics in the colder months but like live bait in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X