One On Top of the Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One On Top of the Other

Me and Happyshaker launched from Texas city dike around 6:00 am and headed towards east bay to fish the reefs there. When we got to the big oyster reef and it was elbow to elbow when we got there. Took these pics and headed towards the next one and again the same thing boats on every inch of the reef cutting and getting all in each other's way. Just decided to go by Yates bayou and by another little reef and shell bottom that wasn't infested by people. Ran into a few specks and a couple of blacktip sharks that made the cut. Didn't take a pic of the shark because I cleaned him before I remembered to take a pic. You can just see the fillets in the pic with the single trout I kept. The wind was higher than the forecast predicted and really shut the bite off early. The specks where caught on gulps mantis shrimp and the sharks on live shrimp. Beautiful day to be on the water fishing, Happy fathers day to all.
    Attached Files
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

This picture wouldn't upload earlier and you can really see that there where at least 30+ boats on the first reef alone.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

I guess it's still not uploading.

Comment

Busy day out there. How do you prepare that blacktip?

Comment

I soak it in lime for a couple of hours. Then make them nuggets, beer batter them and fry.

Comment

Good eats there. Sounds like a fun day.

Comment

Good catch! I wonder how many boats are on my spot this morning. Galvo bay is a little too popular lately.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                Good catch! I wonder how many boats are on my spot this morning. Galvo bay is a little too popular lately.
                Been thinking of going to some of fathers old fishing grounds next time we head out. It's been a while since I've fished marshes by the Highisland bridge and back lakes. It's just a far drive from Houston but something I will have to do to beat the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                X