468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wont do this again. ( crab traps blown out of boat )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wont do this again. ( crab traps blown out of boat )

Decided I was going to plant some traps for a few days and see if I can find the blue crabs around my area.
    I placed them in the boat I thought as I always have , well few minutes later after my short drive to the seabrook ramp
    I discover two of the three are gone.
    CRAP, drive back home, could not find them, that didnt take long , total time maybe 10 minutes.
    Yep its my fault , should have taken better care of placement and tied them in, distractions , distractions distractions.
    Well put the single trap back in garage and went out with chicken neck nets . Did not find them around red-fish reef.
    I was surprized, i figured that place would be filled with them. We did catch several croaker and a few hard heads
    so it was a good day to be out on the water even with the crap trap loss.

Sucks - Those things are 40 bucks a pop.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Too bad about the traps. Good day to be outside, happy father's day.

Comment

Dang! Keep trying.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

if you see traps with yellow not black nylon rope thats worth checking, I had them tagged with my name and phone and town.
          and yesterdays date. I have not called them in yet, i should I do n0t want to end up on TPWD list of bad guys that leave traps
          laying around full of dead loss.

Comment

That sucks. I did get my 2 traps on the side of the road so it's a common occurance at least.

Comment

Working...
            X