Hogzilla Caught In Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hogzilla Caught In Florida

Here is a small article I just ran across on the CCA Facebook feed. Should be the next world record once it's approved. Here is article and picture.

Indian River, Florida trout a possible world record! Luke Ledbetter caught and RELEASED this monster taping out at 34.25 inches (87 cm). The IGFA's record for length currently stands at 79 cm. Pending approval, Ledbetter's fish will be recognized by the IGFA's new All-Tackle Length record program, which awards catches based on length rather than weight and requires that fish be released alive and in good health.
    They did not weigh it, but Deeks estimates the trout weighed about 14lbs. "The largest trout I've ever weighed was a 33" trout that was 13.9lbs, but this one was even fatter," Deeks said. "But I hate weighing them, hate hanging them by the jaw. They're really sensitive fish."
    (Photo: For FLORIDA TODAY)
    Attached Files
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Nice trout, I didn't realize the tackle record was only 31" shoot I caught a 33" 6-7 years ago in Pirates Cove lol.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That's one BIG fish!!

Comment

Looks like a east bay specimen.

Comment

That the one that got away??

Comment

WOW. That a pretty fish. Lord Bless.
            robert
            And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Working...
            X