No announcement yet.

The nights , I have to figure this out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nights , I have to figure this out.

The nights, last two nights I have been out the bay watching fireworks , fishing a little , waisting lots of time waiting knowing the ramp
    was jammed . The thing that is very noticeable is the wind/swell dies down and for the most part there is nothing going on , very peaceful. My employment has me on the road by 5:45 am and Sleeping in on weekends is a real treat. With all of that said I want
    to learn how to target game fish at night, Wife limited out on croaker the other night so we have that one down. I have read that
    over by the roller coaster on the boardwalks is good, seems noisy to me. That wall causes lots of chop most of the time . I can see pretty good at night with electronics and looking for direction on ideas on where to drop anchor. I think one issue in some places
    is ship wake I do not want to be jumping 5 foot rollers at night.
    If I could figure this out , I would eliminate most of the crowds and my wake up early issues. Any tips or tricks would be great.

I'm no expert on night fishing but I know that even known areas are very tricky at night . A GPS route is very helpful but floating deadheads and debris make me concerned . I usually equate night fishing with shallow water shoreline fishing. The only deeper water fishing at night I have heard about is green light boat fishing at San Luis Pass .

I have done some night wade fishing and night kayak fishing but that's off topic .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

There are a few things floating out in the bay, I have what I call snail-trails to all the places I like to fish and add new spots as I can.
      SLP is a long way for me I would even try the causeway , if I knew that area. I bet there is something closer.

Comment

Working...
      X