Braid with mono leader/ Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braid with mono leader/ Test?

I currently rig up 15lb spider wire braid with a 20 lb 18" mono leader. I was curious as to what is the norm test line being used?

I'm still stuck on 12# stren mono with 20# mono, 16" leader below a small barrel swivel for line twist. Been that way for a long, long time. Still use a 7' astar sts on certain occasions but love my hookspit wader light.

Comment

I've been using 20# Windtamer (6# dia) to 20# Fluro leader using a blood knot...with a loop knot to the lure.

Comment

I prefer a uni to uni or double uni knot whatever you want to call it. This eliminates the need for a barrel swivel.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Let's 'fess up, fella's. I know I'm not the only one using the best mono out there?

Comment

I've been using 30# Suffix braid for the last year or so. I used to use the 20# but found it cut into itself and caused casting problems. I use 25# fluorocarbon for my leader tied with an Albright knot.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

30# power pro with 20# mono leader tied with a double uni knot.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Used 12lb Big Game with either a 20lb mono or fluorocarbon leader. Made a change a little while back and have been using Fins 20 or 30 Windtamer with a 20lb fluorocarbon leader.

Comment

30lb Power Pro tied direct to lure or lead head. .

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

DPop made a good point, I too use Fluorocarbon.

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
                      Used 12lb Big Game with either a 20lb mono or fluorocarbon leader. Made a change a little while back and have been using Fins 20 or 30 Windtamer with a 20lb fluorocarbon leader.
                      I made the same change and I use a Albright knot
                      The Albright Knot is a versatile fishing knot that has a wide range of uses. The Albright Knot is only moderately easy to tie but it is suitable for joining different types of fishing line, e.g., Monofilament to Braided, or Braided to Wire.

Comment

10 or 12# Berkley Big game mono, swivel, 20# big game mono leader, fast clip to lire of choice. Works for me. When I get out, that is...I have been using palomar knots in the mono.

Comment

30# Windtamer, small spro swivel to elimate line twist, 15-20lb. fluorocarbon leader.

Comment

20 lb power pro with 20 lb vanish fluorocarbon with a blood knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

14 lb Trilene Sensation tied directly to lure or jig head with a plain improved clinch knot

Comment

Working...
                              X