Flounder in high low-tides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder in high low-tides?

According to NOAA the tides suck for gigging right now. I have some family down from Michigan and they saw my pictures from my last few trips and want a piece of the action. BTW, no boat.

Also, my uncle went to get a license. He is active duty Air Force but lives in MI. They said he pays resident prices for the license. I thought all active military was free in TX?

I think the rule is if he was a resident of Texas theres no charge.

Comment

Thats what I figured. Oh well. first time he bought a fishing license in 40 years. (he was Army before AF)

Comment

I know asking for spots is taboo, but I have never tried to gig when NOAA shows low tide above 0.0-0.1

Comment

can always find a few even with higher tides, just find clearer water moving a little. it doesn't have to be super low.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Sweet!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

So we hit sportsmans closer to dawn than dusk last night and got one nice 19". Then headed to SLP and got another. Took my family/herd. It was fun to see my little cousins chase the needlefish while trying to drag their feet. They had fun and I ate more flounder. Success.

Comment

Thats great ..... Sounds like success indeed .
                Oh , places that narrow the water flow will speed up the current so look for drains from back marshes on poor water movement nights .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good info there plugger.

This time of year the fish are very spread out, look for anything that will funnel bait and current like plugger mentioned and you'll find a few more.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X