HOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOT

In the cool comfort of my office , I peered at a Google Earth image of the lower Sabine Pass jetty and saw me fishing the bayous and jetty on the Texas side protected from a light south west wind predicted for Friday . I left early to run by Krogers for sandwiches and load the kayak on the truck bed extender. CRIMINY ! Leaving Krogers I could barely breath from the blast furnace like condition in the parking lot . I limped into my Tundra and at home crawled indoors panting and sweating . After a cool shower and drink I'm altering my weekend plans to something that doesn't include me swooning in the heat and being swept out to the Golf of Mexico to never be heard from again . I use to fish all day in the heat . I'm old ... Crud.
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

The heat has been horrible for the last two weeks and getting worse daily.
    Fish at night Henry.

Comment

Yeah , I had planned on that , but. , I saw that Sabine had lighter winds predicted than Galveston .... have you noticed that Lake Sabine usually has lighter winds than Galveston ? .... and got carried away .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Henry, are you sure it was the heat that caused all this or are you just BS'g here. Just walking to your truck shouldn't have caused that. Just had two stents put in about a month ago and had no warning sign except some short, sharp pains (angina) right above my heart. Just saying....

Comment

I feel ya Henry. I work in it everyday. Could fish all day in it but not anymore. Just not that mad at em like I used to be to get a heat stroke.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I'm heading out the door. Be home around 7:30 am..

Comment

Oh , I could breath OK , thanks , it was just too hot and sultry . You know , like the way TERMO likes his women . Anyway , a kayak night or early morning trip sounds bearable . Not sure where to go . The surf looks like one foot waves and from the south this morning . I can't tell the water clarity but I wish I was in it this morning . Tomorrow is one foot but SW . Harvey , are you making a run to check the mosquito island water ? That is a night fishing option there .

Comment

I'm headed to the Hill Country, mow the grass some, sit and float in the pool and imbibe heavily on Margaritas and start deciding which Bambi will make the best sausage in about 2 months. I'll NEVER get scurvy, arggghhh mateys. may hit Gruene Hall. Thought about Pat Green and Kevin Fowler at the Whitewater Amphitheater Saturday night, but don't wanna sit on the grass and all tables are sold out, so I'll just watch the sunset from the back porch and BBQ.

Too hot and old to hit fishing right now when I could be just mellowing.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Is it October yet???? can't wait for a winter bite to be on again.

Floatin or anything in the water is a great idea for sure.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

To my friend PLUGGER. The water was in good shape this morning outside the gate by little pole reef. Bait galore. Calm winds, stifling heat. High pressure got the bite turned off. Got one good thump and a little rattle bite. Didn't work the shoreline. Saw Maccicio hauling azz towards A lease where I caught that monster drum. Stayed 45 minutes and couldn't take no more. Floating in the pool with Cuddles. Lot's more fun.

Comment

Thanks for the report , Harvey . I appreciate it , brother . Cuddles and the pool sounds like a good plan .

Comment

Anytime, any day, you are welcome!! I've got a loose filling and no dental insurance. 500.00 fix it?

Comment

Working...
                        X