Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afternoon fishing help!

Hey guys,
    Im taking my wife,daughter and her boyfriend out fishing sunday afternoon and HOPE to catch some fish.Anyone have any suggestions on where to go late in the day? I'd appreciate it.
    SM

Oh sorry.we are going to fish Galveston area.

Comment

Are you taking a boat ?
      Ask again Friday/Saturday when the weather forecast will help answer that question .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Yes .sorry plugger, I do have a boat but it is a v hull and doesn't get into too shallow of water.No jack plate.

Comment

Where are launching at? what areas are you familiar with, and like plugger said earlier the weather plays a big factor where you can go. I guess you have to first see how this weekend is going to pan out before some of the guys can help you.
          "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Best I can tell for the weekend it's gonna be pm rain so it's definitely has to be a morning trip. Couldn't find any wind info for the weekend
            Green grass and high tides forever
            Mike Mathena

Comment

My source is showing a south wind at 10-15 on Saturday morning. I like the south shoreline of west bay. Most of my time has been spent west of Starvation cove. In redfish cove there is a mix of sand and grass flats you can hunt down some redfish and trout. I have had some success with Flounder near SLP recently on the bay side if you go that way. Seeing that you're in a deeper running boat, SLP may not be wise if you are not experienced with the area...lot of shallow areas there.

Comment

causeway.. the old railroad bridge might not be a bad idea and you can put in at either what used to be fat boys (now a county ramp) or at the ramp on the south side of the causeway. Wind for sunday look light at less than 10... but like the others have said, it's really hard for the weatherman to get it right that far out.
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                X