468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little closer to the west end... Report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little closer to the west end... Report.

Didn't fish long, had a bunch of work to do. But it was on as soon as I hit the first spot. Shallow mud and shell, redfish and solid trout with outgoing tide. Black custom painted skitterwalk (had some time last weekend during the rain.

Don't spend long in an area that you are not seeing sign...bounce. As soon as you get that feeling..."man their aint nothing here" but have that based in reality based on what you are seeing. A small move of less than 100 yards can make all the difference if you know what to look for and you'll see if you're eyes are trained to read the water and the sign. That's what the TroutSupport.com DVD's do for you, teach you to read the water, understand it, and how to react like a pro... Christmas is coming up.. great time to have your family buy them for your Christmas gift or to get a set for someone you care about.

Always feel free to contact me at tobin@troutsupport.com if anyone wants to talk fishing
    Fill Your Stringer With Quality Fish. Here you will find everything you need to take your inshore fishing game to your next level. Learn how to locate speckled

Didn't fish long enough to really get the numbers... but it was pretty good stuff. Used my new Team Lews Lite reel. Have to use good equipment and have good people to take care of your rig this time of year as well. I picked up my boat from SunCoast Marine Works yesterday to find they not only emptied my leaky storage compartments but they even used a little bleach as well... I tell you, it's the little things that show you your shop is doing it right. I find the same with G-Spot Services.com as well for my electronic stuff.
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Awesome Tobin. What paint are you using on that Skitterwalk? Brush it on? Or Spray?

Comment

You have to eventually paint Skitterwalks anyway, especially the ones with chrome!
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I found some a brand that said it bonded to plastic... NOT.

I might try some lure paint thats available from spike it. It's hard to get it to stick to plastic especially the clear acrylic ones.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

You been on Em Tobin!!! I sure like my lews tournament lites and BB1 inshore.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice work , Tobin . Yes , your DVD 's are great and super informative .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
              I found some a brand that said it bonded to plastic... NOT.

I might try some lure paint thats available from spike it. It's hard to get it to stick to plastic especially the clear acrylic ones.
              I've been painting with createx and the spike it paints , they even have some you can use on corkies.
              For hard plastic though I generally use createx and then hit it with a blow dryer, then follow up with a coat of rustoleum crystal clear spray can, hit it with the blow dryer again and there ya go.
              If you want to get serious apply lots of coats or by dick nites clear coat which is a moisture cure polyurethane.

Comment

Have you been able to get the createx to adhere to the plastic. It's water based right?
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Have you been able to get the createx to adhere to the plastic. It's water based right?
                  Most of it is, some is acrylic. It's fine on hard plastic you just have to mix it down a little with water.
                  Spike it makes a sprayable paint for soft plastic that actually penetrates the plastic, it's good for corkies.
                  The vinyl paint is hard to spay, better for dipping but needs to be sealed with their clearisol/ plastisol product... I I remember that right.

Comment

Don't spend long in an area that you are not seeing sign...bounce. As soon as you get that feeling..."man their aint nothing here" but have that based in reality based on what you are seeing.
                    I am almost always fly fishing. Every few casts, I stop and think "is there a real reason that I am casting here?" If not, I move on.
                    Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                    and
                    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Working...
                    X