Boat leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat leak

I took last week off and fished all week. I noticed my pathfinder developed a leak in the bilge. After replacing seacocks and drain plug, im thinking it might be the scruffer plumbing from the cap to hull. Trim tabs are the next culprit but i dunno how it could be leaking that bad. Funny thing is i filled the bilge up with freshwater and no leaks. I guess im going to have to take ole trusty rusty 18footer out. Funny how my 97 has no problem but the 09 wants to mess up. Guess thats why i have two boats

Did You put as much water in the bilge as the water level on the hull when it is afloat? Might not be enough water to show the leak.

Beandaddy

Comment

I bet it's the scuppers or a lose drain hose from baitwell-check all thru-transom fittings.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Well i found it with all the help of my mosquito friends. Turns out its the scruffer piping from the cap to the hull and ofcoarse pathfinder makes access for these hoses near to impossible. Maybe i can send my two year old in there attached to the winch cable on my truck. I mean really why a 6inch pie for bilge access when you have plenty room in the splash well. Might fix it saturday and fish sunday or just say screw it and take the flats boat

Comment

That was difficult . Glad you found it .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You could always carefully cut an access panel that seals.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thats what im going to do for future repairs. Have a waterproof hatch on order. Going to put it in the cooler compartment. I do say that pathfinders customer service is top notch. I drop them a line about the problem and they got back to me within 24hrs on a boat thats out of warranty. They stated to cut a new access port like robalo said and took pictures of where to cut and where not to cut because of the aft bulkhead.

Comment

That's nice that they got back with you on a solution. Thanks for sharing the problem and repair option.

Comment

Working...
                X