468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missed forecast , so many times computers taking place of meteroligist ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed forecast , so many times computers taking place of meteroligist ?

Took the week off work for Thanks Giving , Had a great day Monday , but from then on the forecast has been off. Tuesday
    swells in the bay were disturbing and BIG. I think they called for slightly choppy. Planned on getting out this morning and the
    wind had already changed to the north. Last nights forecat had the wind turning north late in the day.
    Seems that for the last year, you really can not count on the forecast, I have had some bad days because I went out anyway.
    Had one really good day like that ( limit on kings out of freeport at the last buoy outbound in the channel ) . Swell is a huge
    factor in a 22f bay, if you can only make ten knots then its going to take an hour to go anywhere. I often wonder if the
    older meteorologist that knew the area and knew the seasons have all been replaced by computer models that give you
    five choices and they pick one. I am also suspicious on how friday night the forecast goes from flat to 1 , to 2-4 like
    they want to keep everybody from fishing near shore. I suppose that i am just a winer, going back to work on Monday and
    notice Tuesday is 1-2 foot all day. I guess my time would be better spent studying charts and bottom structure locations and how
    I should scan some areas for the better of all and waiting for that next flat saturday or sunday and hope we can limit on snaps.
    I still wish for a decent meteorologist like Harold Taft ( Dallas ) or Neil Frank ( Houston ) , i do agree that Chita is fun to watch
    but the weather content is suspiciously close to a computer model.

You're going out in the gulf in a 22ft bay bote with 4ft seas? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong.

Comment

Are staying mid bay? I can always find protected water.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

JT personall I would not make it passed the jetty in 4 , I have seen what looked like 4 while I was out , learned not to go out on summer time north wind that day. Its safe to say that in that size boat 3 is going to get wet and your making 10 knots.

Comment

Working...
        X