How do you store hardbaits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store hardbaits

Im trying to find a way to be more efficient on the water. I have multiple corkies, topwater, and plastics that either over flow plastic binders or the plano lids wont close because of over flowing boxes. I like to keep atleast two of the same colors in hard baits incase of break offs or my fishing partners dont have it. I've though about those deep plano boxes but I dont recall any of them have dividers. On the plastic deal, I have three binders full plus the lean post in both boats packed. Any ideas? About the only thing i have under control is my pot licking box....wait i dont have one

Throw all your plugs in a big box . That way you can remove them all at once by picking up the top plug . All the hooks will be interlocked .
    But , really , you need to scale back . Take it from another lure dysfunctional person . You end up using only a couple of lures usually . You can keep your suitcase full of lure laden plano boxes in the boat if need a different plug . That's what I do . You might need a bigger boat or barge to store them all .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What he said. I have tons of Plano boxes and each are designated for type/size. Set one aside to load specific baits the day/night before each trip. There's no need for 60 Top Waters/40 corkys/3 lbs of jigheads/50 bags of tails for a days fishing.
      "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
      -John Wayne

Comment

Bass Mafia deep bait casket
        "Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."
        -John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          Throw all your plugs in a big box . That way you can remove them all at once by picking up the top plug . All the hooks will be interlocked .
          But , really , you need to scale back . Take it from another lure dysfunctional person . You end up using only a couple of lures usually . You can keep your suitcase full of lure laden plano boxes in the boat if need a different plug . That's what I do . You might need a bigger boat or barge to store them all .

Heres how I store mine for a long wade
          Attached Files
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
            Heres how I store mine for a long wade
            Ha! Where'd you get that photo of me!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Im probably the most dysfunctional lure guy on the planet. I for whatever reason wade with a lot of different tackle as I love my broke backs and tops. I have been just separating all my baits by style and pick them out once on the water to what's making it into the wade box that morning. I did find a neat box at the dollar general that fit perfectly in my back compartment with five large boxes. With this one the guys are right, scale down even though its hard to.

Comment

How do you store hardbaits

Mine are organized in Plano boxes by color. Depending on what the water/weather is like when I arrive to fish, I take the colors I plan to use and put them in my Wade box.
                I do the same thing with plastics. Put similar colors together in small zips locks, then put all the small ones in a gallon size zip lock.
                Having them organized this way speeds up my time to pick lures to use each day, as well as reduces my clean up time once home.

Comment

I too was once a dysfunctional lure guy. 2 maybe 3 of everything spent no telling how much on lures. About 10 years ago booked a guide trip out of Port Mansfield with Mike McBride. I showed up with my suitcase full of lures and tackle. He immediately made fun of me and that was a start to a long awesome friendship. I had a everlast wading tackle box. Mike said take that and leave the suit case on the dock. Against my will I did and we caught tons of fish. He taught me about being confident in the bait you are throwing changing retrieves. Plugger is right if pay close attention you will use a select few baits at the end of the day. Mike also taught me to focus on conditions and feeding times. Bottom line if they are feeding and you are in the right place it really does not matter what you are throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by ROGUECUSTOMRODS View Post
                    Im trying to find a way to be more efficient on the water. I have multiple corkies, topwater, and plastics that either over flow plastic binders or the plano lids wont close because of over flowing boxes. I like to keep atleast two of the same colors in hard baits incase of break offs or my fishing partners dont have it. I've though about those deep plano boxes but I dont recall any of them have dividers. On the plastic deal, I have three binders full plus the lean post in both boats packed. Any ideas? About the only thing i have under control is my pot licking box....wait i dont have one
                    Lol. You mean thats not how everyone stores them? Might as well sell them in twos with the hooks welded together. Yea i must amidt I need to go to tackle rehab. Where do people go for such a thing? I blame it on paul,down south,h and h,and mirrolure....quit making lures that catch fisherman

Comment

That's right. Those damn talented lure guys really interfere with my fishing day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2-3705-00_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	562277Plano makes a small box that is hard to find, divided into vertical sections. It has yellow hinges and fits easily in my Hook Set tackle bag on my wade belt. One slot for a couple of topwaters, one for a Catch 2000 jr., a Catch five, and a 51MR, one for Corky's, and the last for plastics & jig heads. It works for me. I also use a cheap nylon holster for my Boga.
                        Last edited by kenny; December 13, 2015, 07:44 AM.
                        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]31896[/ATTACH]Plano makes a small box that is hard to find, divided into vertical sections. It has yellow hinges and fits easily in my Hook Set tackle bag on my wade belt. One slot for a couple of topwaters, one for a Catch 2000 jr., a Catch five, and a 51MR, one for Corky's, and the last for plastics & jig heads. It works for me. I also use a cheap nylon holster for my Boga.
                          Is that box waterproof ? The one i have now fills up and my plastics get a good soaking.where have you been buying those?

Comment

Originally posted by ROGUECUSTOMRODS View Post
                            Is that box waterproof ? The one i have now fills up and my plastics get a good soaking.where have you been buying those?
                            Try rinsing them off with freshwater after fishing. After they dry spray some reel magic on them and store.
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Unless you're wading very shallow , you'll get water in a wade box . If your box doesn't have water drainage holes , drill some . A box full of water is heavy and lures can float out when you open it .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X