Zephyr Cove Coughs up another Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zephyr Cove Coughs up another Monster

Caught a real nice trout wading shallow in East Matty on Friday. Shallow mud with just a little sparse grass. Was throwing a pearl FatBoy with a black bac, walking the dog with it in 18"inches of water. Weak outgoing tide that morning and stable weather pattern before the rain and wind on Saturday. It was a grind going looking for one big bite but it works. I had never been in this location before and it was an area I found using the technique in the BigTrout DVD. Mac surprised me and video taped the landing and even made some stills from it... He was ready with the net and the boga too... All in all it was a great day on the water. We finished off the day hunting some keepers out deeper over mud and shell.

Saturday with the wind and higher tides Shoalbeast and I worked some birds in east as well to put together 10 trout and 2 reds. Bigger fish under the birds came on Corky Devils and FatBoys. Plastics worked good for numbers using TTf Troutkillers and bass assassins in Texas Roach and Black / Char tail.

Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Nice catch Tobin. Beautiful looking trout caught on one of my favorite lures. I think I'm heading down there this weekend.

Comment

That's a Hoss!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Beautitful!!
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Beautiful fish! Very strong

Comment

Great looking trout

Comment

nice one!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

What a beauty! Matty's on fire right now for waders if you know where to fish.......I hope you released her since you got some great pix. Friend had a 30" from Matty the other day......let the rush begin!!!!!
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Awsome Job guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a patient tell me about his buddies catching some big trout in east matty .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice fish! Good job!

Comment

Big Girl...Very nice.

Comment

Sweet! Great job and photos.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                            What a beauty! Matty's on fire right now for waders if you know where to fish.......I hope you released her since you got some great pix. Friend had a 30" from Matty the other day......let the rush begin!!!!!
                            Heck yeah I CPR'd her for sure. If I did anything I'd get a replica... skin mounts yellow and shrink weirdly over time. It was a hoot catching her.. I was juiced up more than shooting a big buck... and she wasn't even a Personal Beast.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the kudos.
                            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Awesome fish Tobin!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X