No announcement yet.

Boat insurance carrier recommendation .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat insurance carrier recommendation .

I was late paying my boat insurance with the only company i've used since i bought my boat in 2005 . I got a letter from them to contact my representative to get a new policy . They did cash my check " to cover any charges not paid " ., which are none . I will do that but if my rates are higher i don't think i want to give my business to them anymore . So , does anyone have strong feelings about a good insurance company to get rates from ? Thanks
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Tx Farm Bureau

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

USAA. They treated me well for a 20 y.o. boat lost in Ike. But you have to be Military - either former, current or family (father/mother).
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

A good insurance company? Took your money, though? If you ever find one, please inform me, bro.

Comment

I've had really good service from Progressive and great rates for 15 years. I've had 3 claims and the rates stayed the same. I just call them tell them what happened, they either say take it somewhere to get it fixed, or once sent an adjuster first then to the shop.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Henry, Did you already check with the insurance company that you use for your house and vehicles?
            They may give you a discount.

Comment

Brice over at Charter Lakes.., they blew away my coverage with long time agent with State Farm on my new boat.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I have Progressive.....been with them for years. They lower my rate almost every year even thought I've had claims. My present policy is $302.00/year for full coverage with $2,000.00 in personal equipment. Boat is 3 years old.
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
                  Brice over at Charter Lakes.., they blew away my coverage with long time agent with State Farm on my new boat.
                  ^ This. I switched to these guys and I'm happy.
                  t
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
                    ^ This. I switched to these guys and I'm happy.
                    t
                    X2. Brice gave me a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sisco Kid View Post
                      Tx Farm Bureau

But Don , you don't have a boat and I don't have a farm . HAR ! Why them ? Thank you .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        USAA. They treated me well for a 20 y.o. boat lost in Ike. But you have to be Military - either former, current or family (father/mother).
                        Thanks Jerry , I was active Air Force Reserve for 8 years . I can check to see if that qualifies .

Comment

[QUOTE=Old Salt;349949]X2. Brice gave me a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Thanks guys ! It's good to know several of you have this one . I'll check Progressive Kenny and my home insurance carrier , Dale .
                          Low rates are good but ease of repair payment and reasonable accident coverage is too . I had been paying $ 754 a year for what I believe was full coverage . I bought the PLUGGERMOBILE in 2005 for about $ 36,000 .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                            But Don , you don't have a boat and I don't have a farm . HAR ! Why them ? Thank you .
                            I don't have a Farm either, yearly fee

Comment

Working...
                            X