Back Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Home

After 7 long days in the Hospital I'm back home.
    Some know I had a SubClavian ByPass and left side Carodic cleared, all happen @ DT Methodist. I still don't have all my brains back so excuse my spelling/rambling and
    I'd grade the service a A+ since I'm home and walking .

My life style has to change, @ 57 yrs old and now a X-smoke dog after 30 + yrs. Overweight and high Numbers all across the board, by a miracle I have escape a enament stroke. Company physcial pick up a unusal heart beat and was asked to give it to my Cardioist. We discovered no recordable pulse or Blood Press on my left arm and it was weak as FP10's Big 30" Trout, J/K Jeremy. For 3 wks I post BP #'s as high as 210/150, not all the time but a lot of the times. From my Cardio to his recommended Surgeon I went and now the proud owner of 2 - 8" scares under my neck/ear. Beat up from all the IV's stabbings / Shots / Finger pricking for Blood sugar and bed rest for 3 days.

My point folks, Please let my stupidity ways of heavy smoking be a good lesson to someone. Now 7 days and I'm feeling Great about it, also what a mess on my eating habits. For 8 wks I'm on a 2 grams of fat / soldium diet, a must do or I be back on the path to a major Stroke.

Be smart don't smoke / Eat Healthy
    / Fish with friends / Be Safe

Glad to hear you're out and on your way to a full recovery! You're lucky you caught it when you did. Now concentrate on getting well so you can get back to fishin!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Glad to hear you are home and recovering
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Wow, what an ordeal, but I'm glad you are at home and recovering and have made good life style changes. Get well soon and catch some fish.... fish are heart healthy !!
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good to hear everything went well Walt. Hope to see you and Mama Juggs soon!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good news Bluewaver!! Glad all went well. I guess I have 3 years left-crap!! Good advice and thank you!! Keep healing.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That's great that you pulled through w/o anything too serious. I really need to watch my diet and exercise more...

Comment

I'm gald you survived your wake up call. Sounds like they really put you through the paces. Yep, lifestyle's gotta change, but its all worth it. I had my wake up call about 1994. Had to change everything "or else". Just wanted to say hurry up & heal up so you can get outside & go fishing and all good things will happen again. Later, SCHU

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                  hopefully it's never to late!

wd

Comment

glad you made it out ok and had some good doctors/nurses.. i quit smokin for new years and man i didnt think it would be this hard, but im still makin it.. day by day, and pack after pack of gum
                    Boats and hoes.

Comment

Glad you made it out......i need to quit smoking too and eating!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I need to quit dipping and start exercising. All things I said I'd do when I was done with the camp, then Ike hit, then this thing with the Ghost Camp. Too many excuses. I could learn a lesson from you, and hopefully I will. Glad everything turned out and you are on the mend.
                        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                          I need to quit dipping and start exercising. I could learn a lesson from you, and hopefully I will.
                          Thats what I'm talking about Sir, understand I'm not harping just saying take a look @ this and learn.........
                          Sorrry not a pretty site but all I have to do when a urge comes is go look in the mirror and Ouch......
                          BTW Day 8

Click image for larger version

Name:	Surgery 2010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	549350

Comment

Working...
                          X