Speaker upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker upgrade

So im going to get some jl 7.7s and the 6.5s but i dunno about the amp. Does anyone have these speakers? Thinking about a jl 400/4 for six speakers. Oh yeah the head unit is a fusion 600 series

I just ordered 4 Wet Sounds XS-65i's f my boat. Installing next week.

Comment

Are you going to use an amp? Im just wondering what watt amp is enough or to much.

Comment

I'm using a Sonic Hub to connect it to a Lowrance HDS. I believe the Sonic Hub has an amp.

Comment

I have wet sounds on the boat it jams! and yes adding an amp is the only way to make it sound good. Eventually the treble will be too much and you'll add a sub... Worth every penny!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Well jl claims that the 7.7 has alot of mid range bass. We will see. Im thinking at 75w continuous power the 400 wat will be enough for them and the 6.5s.

Comment

Originally posted by ROGUECUSTOMRODS View Post
              Well jl claims that the 7.7 has alot of mid range bass. We will see. Im thinking at 75w continuous power the 400 wat will be enough for them and the 6.5s.
              It has some bass, I added the sub after the fact and have never regretted it. Just makes the sound so much better.

Comment

Is this forum thread in Greek? I wish I was 12 again so I could at least understand some of it. Not being critical, it's cool that you guys understand all of this tech stuff. I still have an 8-track player on my boat, I think.
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                  Is this forum thread in Greek? I wish I was 12 again so I could at least understand some of it. Not being critical, it's cool that you guys understand all of this tech stuff. I still have an 8-track player on my boat, I think.
                  Here you go... BTW you don't need a head unit (CD Player / 8 Track or Tape Deck) to listen to music... 2 Wires into the amp and plug it into your iPhone using an adapter and you're ready to ROCK!

Comment

I thought about a sub but location for it would be tight. What type of boat did ya put it in? How is the battery drain
                    I do have a house battery that i dont use.

Comment

What type of amp are you running?...... And you gotta have some jams otherwise you gotta listen to all your fishing buddies smartass comments
                      Plus i find it drowns out the wife too.

Comment

I'm installing a Sonic Hub so it will replace the head unit and integrate directly to the Lowrance. Can do AM/FM or Bluetooth to the phone...All controlled from the Lowrance. I may think about adding a sub while I have the boat out of the water.

-FP

Comment

Originally posted by ROGUECUSTOMRODS View Post
                          I thought about a sub but location for it would be tight. What type of boat did ya put it in? How is the battery drain
                          I do have a house battery that i dont use.
                          29' World Cat so room isn't an issue... I used an access hatch in the side gunnel for the sub.

Amp is Wet Sounds 4 channel i believe.

Comment

Yea no issues there. We looked at the world kitty in the 26ft model and room was plentifully. Those boats are tanks. Just wondering if they sneeze like glacier bay?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
                              I'm installing a Sonic Hub so it will replace the head unit and integrate directly to the Lowrance. Can do AM/FM or Bluetooth to the phone...All controlled from the Lowrance. I may think about adding a sub while I have the boat out of the water.

-FP
                              What did you end up doing with your original speaker deck hole? I ve seen those before but i didnt want a starboard covering it or an unused head unit sitting there. I put the fusion with the blue tooth in her. Only problem is if you get say 40ft from the boat it doesnt pick it up. No good for sunday funday at the sandbar

Comment

Working...
                              X