More extreme low tides this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More extreme low tides this weekend?

The weekend of the big trout tournament, January 23rd, produced some wicked low tides. I didn't know a North wind could push that much water out of the bay. I'm supposed to take people fishing both days this weekend and I see that this front is giving us another week of strong North winds.

Is West Bay going to be empty again this weekend??

Weather forecast is north on
    thursday , east friday , northeast saturday , east sunday . North will blow water out and east will blow water in . I think the north winds aren't to be as hard as last time but still in the 10-15 mph range and gusts to 20 mph as far as i can tell . Less than ideal anyway but make the most of it .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The moon phase has as much or more to do with tides than the wind does.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        Weather forecast is north on
        thursday , east friday , northeast saturday , east sunday . North will blow water out and east will blow water in . I think the north winds aren't to be as hard as last time but still in the 10-15 mph range and gusts to 20 mph as far as i can tell . Less than ideal anyway but make the most of it .
        this ..... and the moon too. If you get a Really hard NW and N wind with no east vector in it for 2 days... and at the same time have a low tide predicted... that's the ultimate tide dropper right there.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

YEP...
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I don't think they will low. Weather forecast shows the winds to move from the NE to the SE by Saturday, incoming tide all morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
              I don't think they will low. Weather forecast shows the winds to move from the NE to the SE by Saturday, incoming tide all morning.
              exactly, I agree. It just depends on what the actual direction ends up and velocity and duration.
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

You should be good. They will get a little low but not like the weekend of the tourney. Im headed east this Saturday.

Comment

Tides is to low as of now. Normal wintertime lows..should be game on less all the high pressure

Comment

Where is a good area of the bay this time of year? Deeper water?

Comment

Eww i mean the tide isnt to low.damn auto correct... It started blowing east so u should be good. As for fishing spots...........you can try the norm but i really dont think they are on a soild wintertime pattern yet. Off again on again.

Comment

Anyone fish yesterday? Even with a strong NW wind, the tides seemed about normal.

Comment

I adventure fished yesterday. Found a couple of very fat nice ones in some back water in East. Sitting off a 7ft -10 ft shelf. Then jumped up and drifted all of moves with only a flounder and a lot of dinks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X