Chocolate and West bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate and West bay

Got out this Friday to roam around chocolate for the first time. Brought my old man so we took the pontoon for comfort and that was a mistake. very low tide but i did find out my 25 ft pontoon will go in a 1 ft of water like a champ. I was very impressed. water was very clear and i had my binoculars out. I could see the mullet hoping out of water on distant shores just couldn't get the big guy to them. Went out again Sunday afternoon and stayed closer to Jamacia and had a big trash can lid flounder right at the boat before a huge chunck if sea grass decided to help the flatty back to freedom. All in all a great time out on the boat. water seemed very green this weekend and the temp didnt get above 62 degrees. I cant wait until summer time

Dude... sorry to hear about loosing that flounder. ahhhhh mannnn!!! hate that.

Choc... that sounds about how we all learn Chocolate... it takes time.
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catchingking View Post
      Got out this Friday to roam around chocolate for the first time. Brought my old man so we took the pontoon for comfort and that was a mistake. very low tide but i did find out my 25 ft pontoon will go in a 1 ft of water like a champ. I was very impressed. water was very clear and i had my binoculars out. I could see the mullet hoping out of water on distant shores just couldn't get the big guy to them. Went out again Sunday afternoon and stayed closer to Jamacia and had a big trash can lid flounder right at the boat before a huge chunck if sea grass decided to help the flatty back to freedom. All in all a great time out on the boat. water seemed very green this weekend and the temp didnt get above 62 degrees. I cant wait until summer time
      Yeah I went out on Saturday to chocolate and managed to kick up a couple of mud rooster tails. Lol that's the only thing that I managed lol. I spotted birds feeding saw bait jumping but didn't catch anything! Of course I'm new at the artificial game too, so that might have been the issue! Freakin newbs! Lol

Comment

I am new as well to the artificial lure game. I have heard great things about chicken boy lures. I bought about $60 worth of the psycho and bubba clunkers (assorted colors) and forgot them at my house in The woodlands. hopefully will get to try them out next weekend.

Comment

Chicken boys are great. Capt. Mark's Marina has them rigged up similar to Corkies (two hooks) - as long as you can keep from hanging up in the oysters!

Was out on 2/5 and was not having luck in the marsh. Went to the Freeport bridge and started working all the structure with White and Chartreuse bubba clucker mullet, and ended up snagging some nice 20 and 22" trout. Work them slow this time of year, light jig heads.

Comment

Catchking, colemanclay56, thanks for the info guys. I actually bought some zman baits that I've heard a lot of good things about, don't know if ya'll have heard about them? They were paddle tails, I used a slow constant retrieve about a foot or so of the bottom of an oyster bed in about 4 ft of water. From what I've heard that's a natural retrieve. I dunno! Lol

Comment

Thank you for the interesting report ! You are doing well . You're scouting and being observant . Too bad about that big flounder . ARHG ! So frustrating !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X