• Show
Clear All

• Starting to Find some Fish

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160213_144656.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	576777
    First slot Red caught in ICW on live shrimp in 1-2 feet of water near south bank... 23". This was in late February. Hope there are more to come.

Good one! Keep it up!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

your way ahead of me there dog.
      Great Job

Comment

Sheepshead at The Bridge

Results of family fishing cruise to the San Luis Pas bridge. We all limited out. These are the keepers (including son and granddaughter). Live shrimp on double drop rigs, incoming tide, early March.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great report
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

More on Sheepshead

Our lady crew members got the top honors! Daughter-in-law's personal best sheepshead from under the bridge. 24"
            Attached Files

Comment

Sister's First Texas Red Fish

A couple weeks ago my sister from PA visited, got a NR license and caught her first slot red. In canal south of
              Carancahua Lake. A 23" red on live shrimp. I think she may visit again ! This brings us up to date on my fishing activities for now. Three more grandchildren arriving from NC today. Hopefully, there will be more to share. Keep on fishin' buddies
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice... those are good eating fish.
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Great Job!
                  Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                  (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                  4340 19th St.
                  Bacliff, Texas 77518
                  http://evansmarine.net
                  http://boatwerxtx.com
                  main@boatwerxtx.com
                  281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Updates to Fishing Reports

It's time to update my reports. Since most of my fishing trips are family oriented some Eddog Family members will be featured. The women of the family won Best Photo of the Month in the December 2016 issue of Texas Saltwater Fishing Magazine with this photo of their sheepshead. Check out the December 2016 magazine.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Captain Eddog2 Lands a Personal Best Black Drum

We usually have pretty good luck under the bridge at San Luis Pass. Captain Eddog2 snagged this personal best Black Drum (30 lb) on live shrimp. Nothing fancy just a double drop on the bottom at slack tide. Hannahdog was smaller than the fish!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice going Ed !
                        You and the family are almost famous what with the nice fish and magazine photo spreads !
                        Thanks for sharing .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That was a big old sheepie

Comment

Fun at The Kids' Tournament

Time for another update. We had a really good visit to the island this fall. The highlight was getting 5 of the 8 grand kids entered in the Kids Fish 2 tournament. Many thanks to all the people that made this event happen and to all the sponsors that provided prizes and gifts. We all had a good day fishing and caught enough fish to have a chance in both the biggest and smallest fish caught contests. There were many happy smiles as the tickets were drawn and gifts distributed. I think we now have a couple new confirmed fisherman and women among the kids. They all want to come back next year!

We had "Team Triggerfish", "Team Sea Lion" and "Team Dockside" involved. As you can see in the pictures Team Triggerfish pulled a photo bomb on Team Sea Lion as we departed the dock. Also it looks like Eddog3 and Momdog got rotated when the pix was uploaded! Lots of fun. Thanks again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_072703.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	562825Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_072638.jpg
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	562826Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_072739.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	562827

Comment

Fall 2017 Fishing Update

In October Marydog and I had a really good outing in the Sea Lion. Fishing along some geotubes we got hit on every cast for about 2 hours. Marydog boated a number of black drum, a flounder and some small reds. I was able to do the same with the addition of landing 3 slots for the first time. We both think it was our best outing to date.

Do not have any pictures that would post. (Hmm, there must be a size limit on the pictures as well as the fish!)

Comment

Working...
                              X