water levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water levels

Hey everyone-- been a long while since I've posted or even got my line wet in some salty water. Gonna head out tommorow to Jones bay and do a little yak marshin ... How's the water level?, figure with the rain it might be a ways higher ....any info is appreciated !
    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

I wet the hook yesterday, Saturday, putting the boat in at Tiki Island, and fished Jones Bay, Basford Bayou and its surrounding marsh, as well as Greens lake. The water was way up but for some reason the fish just weren't biting on anything I had. Live shrimp, top water plastics as well as sinking lures all had no bites. Lots of activity in the water just none on my line. I wondered if the amount of fresh water and wind may have had something to do with it. All in all it was still better than being at work...

Comment

Same here fellas fished about 15 different areas in the chocolate bayou/ bay area. Threw live shrimp, dead shrimp, topwaters, plastics, and suspending twitch baits, and managed to catch one barely legal flounder. The rest where all dinks, the bite was off this weekend at least for me. I really had to work for the fish I caught. I found bait and moving water near marsh drains, but couldn't locate the larger trout and reds. It was rough!

Comment

Same here i threw everything in my tackle box corky, mirrolure, chicken boy (bybba clunk), one knock top, devils, live shrimp , I even got off the boat and found some nice mullet and threw the cast net. Fished friday to sunday on and off with only 1 dink red fish. I was very surprised with the amount of bait fish action around with not a single bite. Usually when there is that much bait around i will limit before noon. The water was up about a foot or two. I hope the fish turn on soon i need to hear that sweet sound of drag pulling off my reel.

Comment

Just a tip, When the bay gets that high you should work those usually exposed reefs. That's what I did this weekend and caught a limit. Kept 3 around 4lbs for the specktackular weigh in on Saturday. One knockers early over 1-2.5ft then corkys and XL dines to finish them off. had 5 reds to 27" all caught by 2pm. They always show up on trout tourney day. Go figure. Went out around noon on sunday and got 5- 19-21" trout and 3 reds baby slots. home by 3pm. the color this week seemed to be natural baits. Gray with black, and chicken on a chain type colors.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160228_144142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	562384

Comment

thanks for that info I was trying to do that on sunday but the wind was to much to stay around those reefs

Comment

nice picture ill get there someday with constant determination.

Comment

Me and a buddy had some luck in Oyster Lake Sunday. Using D.O.A. glow shrimp under a mauler and grape Norton Sand Eels. Flounder was about 18".
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice going guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X