Biggest Full Moon of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Full Moon of the Year

FULL MOON AND MARS: Friday night's full Moon is the biggest and brightest full Moon of the year. It's a "perigee Moon," as much as 14% wider and 30% brighter than other full Moons you'll see later in 2010. But that's not all. Mars is having a close encounter with Earth, and on Friday night, Jan. 29th, it will join the Moon for an all-night-long conjunction. Don't miss it! Sky maps and images may be found at http://spaceweather.com

FLYBY ALERT: NASA is preparing to launch space shuttle Endeavour on Feb. 7th. It's the last night launch of the shuttle program and it kicks off a 13-day mission to the International Space Station (ISS). You can follow the ISS and Endeavour as they streak across the night sky using our new Satellite Flybys app for the iPhone or iPod Touch. Details at http://simpleflybys.com
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Thanks Coe! Hope these clouds let us see it.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I doubt it
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

supposed to clear out quickly-maybe get a chance for some good star gazing then

Comment

Man it needs to clear up so we can get a good look at it!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Should be nice and clear since the front line passed earlier. I was out yesterday afternoon and noticed that it was full. Very obvious, even through the clouds during the day at 5pm.

Comment

I thought the biggest moon was when JT bent over to pick up a quarter in the street???

Oh, that's "Biggest Plumber's Crack". Whoops.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I thought it was going to be a tourney pic, lol!!!

Comment

Interesting, Coe's information, not ROBALO'S ( ) . I plan on standing off a shell reef come nightfall Sunday night. I gotta check when moonrise is.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nightfall sunday night is gonna be friggin cold

Comment

That as my first thought as well!

Seriously it is not looking good right now.

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                      I thought it was going to be a tourney pic, lol!!!
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                        on Friday night, Jan. 29th, it will join the Moon for an all-night-long conjunction.
                        I really like those all-night-long conjunctions!
                        Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                        and
                        Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

I saw it last night, it was much bigger and brighter than normal. Thanks for the heads up.
                          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Working...
                          X