No announcement yet.

Saturday Launched watermans about noon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Launched watermans about noon.

Left watermans about noon and fished staring at the first place to turn east down the row of homes, wife thinks those kids sitting on the dock are cool. ( not human ) . Worked back north towards a pile marked RK. Then followed the geo tubes back west. Gets pretty shallow back there. 1.5' seemed like forever. Dalehite cove gets lots of water toys buzzing all around. Marked a large something that had a single pvc pole next to it. Looked cement. Not a geo tube. Put,Put Put back out to the pirate channel and went to these places marked on Navionics called pirate 1 and pirate 2 , I also noticed that what is marked is not there. I saw a guy blast past us where it should have been zero feet , he did not hit a thing. He is really familiar with this area or missing a screw somewhere.
    We blasted across to greens cut , picked up the ICW and went to the rail bridge. I wanted to explore the area around flamingo isles the dirvision channel, but I need 3 to feel comfortable, so we passed it up , My shallow water adventure meter was on zero already. Fished around the cement legs and steel legs of the bridge, nothing. blasted back and made a stop at our croaker hole. Wify did a double limit there again. 10" to 12" some whiting mixed in ended the day with a fun time. croaker were biting best exactly when the tides for fishing said 4pm

West bay , the water was very clear compared to what we have over at Seabrook , I have found that other end of the scale with my boat, 1.5 I can put put put with motor up , I start getting worried at 3 , I have a few trails now, and saw a fish caught
    and I will be back to visit that spot. Over all great weekend, We are headed out to check the crab trap we dropped friday night.

You have to know the channels around pirates also the geo tubes make the areas shoal in in places. You can run through confederate cut to get to ICW faster.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      You have to know the channels around pirates also the geo tubes make the areas shoal in in places. You can run through confederate cut to get to ICW faster.
      Where is confederate cut? I'm familiar with that area, just never heard of confederate cut, and I'm always looking to learn!

Comment

I want to hear more about this as well.

Comment

Might be referring to the area between North and South deer island. There is a cut where the old intracoastal is. There used to be a red and green buoy on the east end of it where it intersects the Intracoastal. The last couple times I ran through there the buoys were gone. If you don't know where the cut is you need to take caution running through there. There is shallow shell on both sides where the buoys were. There is also a gut that runs along the south shoreline in front of the homes on Sportsman's Rd. You can run this gut all the way to intersect the channel leading to Offats. Lots of shallow shell in the area but also a lot of runnable water as well, just have to take it easy until you figure the area out. Then still be cautious after you think you figured it out, saw some interesting things when we had those super low tides.

Comment

^ This. Great description Dpop.

Plano, take a look at Google Earth the program, not just google maps satellite view. Use the History icon to access historical aerials and find one with clear water and low tide. Study it and make notes of what is what. You can also make GPS waypoints and put them into your machine to guide you in certain areas.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

What DPop said... it's the Old ICW basically marked by pilings down the middle of the bay.
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X