SLP entrance from West Bay is not well-marked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP entrance from West Bay is not well-marked

The narrow path to SLP was marked well in 2015, but it sure isn't this year.......spent 30-45mins pushing my boat till I finally found enough water to power on...... Guess I'll have to figure out the Trail setting option on my GPS and follow someone who draws 1.5-2ft feet of water to get the track correct...... Seems to me someone ought to be responsible for marking main entries to inlet-type features like SLP......

It changes regularly with the tides and swift currents in the area.

Comment

It's clearly marked by pvc poles if you are coming via the gut on the south of bird island. Coming from west bay to SLP you should keep the markers to the left of you
      And I stay about twenty yards away from them and stay in the middle of that gut. On a clear day with some good fishing shades you can see it perfectly.
      "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Originally posted by Flounderpounder420 View Post
        On a clear day with some good fishing shades you can see it perfectly.
        That is when to go make your route. Just create a new track and save it. Remember to turn 'record' off after you do it though or it will eventually disappear.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	562416

as long as Im in this im not too worried about it but like flounderpounder said pretty day you can see all the guts.
          Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

The very entrance from West bay has sanded in since last year. Recently I've just been slowing down and putt thru with the engine trimmed up. Once you go about 200 yards, it'll start to deepen up and is marked correctly. I can follow my track from previous years without issue from there. A bit un-nerving, but I like to think of it as a "tourist prevention".

Comment

Good to know .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

SLP path to West Bay IS WELL MARKED

Hey there... finally made it out on the water this weekend to wet a few lines. Headed to the pass and I was more than happy to see the extremely well marked route from West Bay to SLP. All I want to say is thank you to the fellow fisherman/boaters that took the time to map and mark this path!

It is awesome and appreciated...

Comment

Working...
                X