468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This turd floater woke me straight up out of a sound sleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This turd floater woke me straight up out of a sound sleep!

Bad memories of last year's hail storm at this time. I'm like one of those dogs that gets on edge when I hear thunder I suppose. Dang lightning woke me up out of a sound sleep. Last year no broken windows, but I got one this year darnit. Hail doesn't look big enough to do it. All I see is smaller than a grape. Lost my only west facing window in the kitchen. I'm going to be a mess for school in the morning. No electricity. I'm pretending I'm at the camp. I need this rain to stop so I can board up the window. I hope everyone fared well through this one.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

No hail here in JB. I just got my roof replaced in November from last years April hail.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Lotsa noise but nothing broken...hope you fare ok, Coach.

Comment

Sorry to hear, that sucks. Nothing but thunder and lightning but no hail here. Those people up in north Texas and Dallas sure got pounded the other day. I sure would hate for that to happen down here.
        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

That sucks, Sandy. We had some street flooding, but that's it.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Overslept, but made it to school with my teeth brushed by the tardy bell. I'm going to have to learn how to properly replace a pane of glass. I've done it a few times, but it was always a disaster.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

That glazing compound is a pain.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Tell me about it. There's some voodoo about it I just don't have. I tried to fix a window at the camp 4 times before Ike rendered the sitiation null and extremely void. I'm about to take measurements so I can go to the hardware store and get the wrong size window pane, then go back and get another one that doesn't quite fit, then go back and get the right size. I think that instead of glazing I'll use gorilla glue.

Comment

You can get that polyurethane in a caulking tube, we use it in the automotive industry.
                  "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

three trip store, sounds like me . with plumming

T

Comment

A storm woke you up over your snoring? Holy thunderclap, Batman!
                      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                      and
                      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        A storm woke you up over your snoring? Holy thunderclap, Batman!
                        This!
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                        X