Testing fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing fuel gauge

Does anyone know of a way to test these things. Old sender unit was showing full tank as a quarter full. Bought new sender and now you can move sender up and down and gauge will go to full but at empty position is now on quarter of tank. Its the same size and brand sender that was in the boat before and its not hitting the tank walls. Im thinking at this point it has to be the gauge. Anybody had this same issue? Worked fine till about two weeks ago.

Does it read empty with key off?
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Looks like you're going to have to take it to someone smarter than yourself. Evans marine maybe.
      "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

ohm it.

Comment

Yea its reads empty when key off.. Going to test with the multi when i get off. I wish it was that easy to take it some where. Have to take it off the sling put it on the trailer drive to the mainland which in most cases is a no go for me. Hate leaving the island and ron hoover is only good for bolting on motors to those new majeks and blue waves..

Comment

Evans will come to you

I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

A lot of electrical problems are associated with a bad ground. Just a thought.

Beandaddy

Comment

Working...
              X