Fishing Florida - Any recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Florida - Any recommendation?

Donna and I want to hit some warm weather this month and thought about going to Florida to get some flats and deep sea fishing in.

Any recommedations on a lodge or fishing package deal you know about?

Florida Keys would be sweet if anybody has gone down there on a fishing outing.

Oh yea, the Bahama's would be nice as well
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

the glades maybe?????

We had a blast fishing the glades with Chuck Wright... Chokoloskee charters... He does offshore and inshore...

Ive spent alot of time in the keys too, however its so commercial now that you can do anything you want down there, just be mindful of charter boats taking you on the notorious south florida ride!!!!!!!!!...

If you have any questions, feel free to call or pm

Thomas
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

I have fished Florisa many times from Clearwater to Key West and up to Miami. IMO this time of year it really is not that much warmer if any than the texas coast. Although I have had some good trips I think the keys are overated or either just not what they were YEARS ago. I have been making trips there and to the Bahamas since 2000 and I would say for me the best and most consistant action is in the ft Meyers area for snook and tarpon. However you might want to see how bad the freeze impacted that area. If you want bones you cant beat the bahamas. I like Capt Rob and have fished with him many times. http://www.tarpontails.com/ Peacock bass in the miami canals is a blast!

Comment

Under normal conditions, South Florida would be considerably warmer than the Texas Coast. They have had an extremely rare year, for the temperatures to drop below 40 in Miami. They also have experienced a significant fish kill with Tarpon, Bonefish and Snook. the good news, it's tropical down there and there are way more species to look for.

Winter, February is typically near the peak of the bill fish season off the SE coast of Florida. In a normal year the inside stuff out of Flamingo( Florida Bay) would have lots of medium to large Tarpon.

For flats fishing, look up Rob Fordyce, Dave Denkert, Jorge Valverde. All 3 have been fishing down there long enought to know exactly where to take you to catch a giant bonefish or tarpon. I know all of them personally and can say that I would be excited to get in a boat with them any day. I don't have a ton of names for offshore down there, but if you just want to catch a ton of fish from Miami, No One has more experience that Bouncer Smith for Government Cut and the nearshore. In the keys, Ralph Delf is the man. Probably won't get on a boat with him, but I think that he has two sons who guide as well. These may not be the most well known names, but you won't find better guides than them.

Fordyce is my age and started guiding right after graduating from high school. I caught my first tarpon with Deenkert, in 1990. valverde guides and is great friends with my dad's long time fishing buddy, and we met several years ago fishing a tournament down in Florida bay. My dad fished with Delf back in probably the 80's a few times, and the man holds the record for most IGFA world records caught from his boats. Bouncer, met him several times when I lived there and worked in a tackle store in South Miami, he has been guiding there forever. If you need more info, PM me.
        Have fun!!
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Send BillyStix an email, I bet he can give you the lowdown on the sunshine state fishing.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Our Tampa trip this year was a blast. I am sure anywhere from there south would be good. You should just go hang out with Walker for a week!!

Comment

Thanks for all the information guys. I was thinking about Walker Jeremy!!!!

Good idea Derek, I will PM Billy
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
              X