Jetty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetty Question

I'm typically a flats/bay fisherman, would like to get on a little jetty bite. I know I've seen it posted before but I can't remember.

On an inbound tide is the inside of the jetty or the outside of the jetty typically a better bite?? North or south jetty? Or just look till you find em...

Thanks for any info.

I prefer inside the north jetty from boat cut down to the end.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The idea is that the fish are waiting for bait washed out/through the rocks by the current. So on an incoming tide, that's the inside of the jetties. Outgoing will have water flowing through to the gulf side.

One jetty will have the side that you want protected from the wind.

Look for bait, birds, washovers.

Comment

Fish the channel side on the outing going tide . Fish the gulf side with the incoming tide . The bait and predator fish will move out with the outing tide . You can't realistically move out the jetty far enough to fish on foot . Are you thinking of walking the south jetty rocks ? If so I have some advice for what it's worth .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks All. Plugger I'll be in a boat. I can catch fish, but occasionally I take a customer fishing. They don't want to/can't wade and chunk topwaters from sunup to noon, or grind it out with artificials. I'm just trying to think of a spot that would be fun for customers and we have a decent chance of catching some trout for the frying pan.

Comment

Like plugger said, usually it's the outside on incoming; inside on outgoing. There is some variability when the tide is weak though.

jetties can be fun.. and they can be a PITA too.

Are you using bait with your customer? freelining croakers or shrimp works great and they won't get hung up near as much.
            TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Yes chunking shrimp or whatever I castnet...I have a croaker aversion...unless I can get them in a cast net...not going to pay $5+/dozen for bait!

Comment

You can always go catch crocker with really small perch jigs and a piece of dead shrimp

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                  Yes chunking shrimp or whatever I castnet...I have a croaker aversion...unless I can get them in a cast net...not going to pay $5+/dozen for bait!
                  I heard they are $12/dozen

Comment

Working...
                  X