Maps for Garmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps for Garmin

First, I am not the brightest on technology (understatement‼️). Does anyone have any recommendations as to marine maps that will show reefs and structures in the Galveston Bay systems (West, East, Trinity, Lower Galveston). Would appreciate any help or comments.

Thank you

Derek at Breakwater Marine knows all that stuff.

Comment

Garmin's BlueCharts do a very good job of showing the reefs in the bay itself. None that I know of show much of the underwater structure, and none show anything useful in the creeks, guts, and lakes off of the bay.
      Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
      and
      Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

Speaking of that; Im surprised nobody has ever identified and shown the shrimp bote wreck N of the pass. That would hurt a little if you ran into that.

Comment

The hot spots maps that you find at Academy are now digital and can be loaded to pretty much any Garmin or Lowrance device.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thank you to all. I just downloaded the Hook and line on my Garmins. By the way, JT it happens to show the sunken shrimp boat near the pass.
            Once again thanks for the replys.

Comment

Just for my edification...I don't have any charts on my F-Finders. I do have the Navionics app on my Android phone. It is pretty cheap, I think $15.00 for the first year and $5.00 for each subsequent year.

What I wonder is .....if it shows the particular wreck that is mentioned above. If anyone has both Navionics (phone version) and another Garmin/Hook LIne/ etc. charts ...would they please check to see if the wreck shows up on the Navionics.

I probably won't get down that way but once or twice every few years. I am really just trying to see how accurate and useful the Navionics phone app truly is.

thanks richg99

Comment

Richg99
                i just started a free 14 day trial on the Navionics so I could see if it showed the wreck for you. It does.

Comment

Wow, then it is even better than I expected. I've had it for a couple of years, but haven't really had the need to use it much. Good to know.

I renewed TODAY for $5.00 for next year. It tracks my routes and shows my speed. Shows depths. Just a bit hard to see on bright sunny days. I don't think I can put waypoints in...but...$5.00 .....what can I expect....

Comment

Working...
                  X