Heartwarming Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartwarming Story

I was reading this and thought about how it sounded like a heartwarming story:

In 1990, Mike Mitchell was working in the oilfields deep within the African Congo.

On his way to a remote location, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Mike approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.

As carefully and as gently as he could, Mike worked the wood out with his pocket knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.

The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.

Mike stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.

Mike never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty-six years later Mike was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son.

As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Mike and his son were standing.

The large bull elephant stared at Mike, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down. The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1990, Mike couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.

Mike summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder. The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Mike's legs and slammed him against the iron railing, killing him instantly. It probably wasn't the same elephant....

At the end, I realized it wasn't a heartwarming story-started out that way though!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

A hearty chuckle is always worth a read.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Lmmfao!

Comment

Haha, lmao
        Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
        (AKA Evans Marine Services)
        4340 19th St.
        Bacliff, Texas 77518
        http://evansmarine.net
        http://boatwerxtx.com
        main@boatwerxtx.com
        281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Heartwarming Story

Lol. Nice
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

HAR! Good one Jerry.
            Alternate ending....

No....maybe it was the same elephant. What Mike forgot to consider was the circumstances.....
            A bunch of guys that looked a lot like Mike invaded his territory, shot him in the azz with a dart gun, drug him away from his wife and kids and stuck him in a pen where snot-nosed kids throw peanuts at him all day. That just didn't make up for the kindness from one little prick!!!
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Yep Termo, that'd work too.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

HAR!
                Nice embellishment TERMO !
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X