Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the causeway at night?? and Trout support

Hey Guys,

Thinking about fishing the lights around tiki and the causeway this weekend. I have never fished the light before out of a PB, launching out of fat boys which i have done a handful of times (i have gps and navionics platinum) i know everything is a whole different ball game at night though.
    Other than staying out of the icw any other precautions i should take?
    i'm in a 20 footer with trolling motor. Would y'all use Jamaica beach for tide reference?

Any advice would be awesome....

Trout Support
    Just wanted to give another shout out to Tobin from Trout support. Not only are the Dvds hugely educational but this guy continues to go way out of his way any time I ask him a question. I will write him a few lines of questions and he'll send me a 500 word response. If you have ever thought of purchasing the Dvds or asking him a question don't hesitate to so. Truly a top grade product and a class act guy

If your putting in at old fatboy under the bridge you will be fine as the run to the causeway from there is lit up and marked well. stay between the markers until you reach the channel before you make your turn towards the causeway, there are very shallow reefs on bothe sides coming out of TIKI. I use the Tx city turning basin and Galveston channel for tide reference there.

Comment

I would launch across the water at gtown bait and tackle. Easier navigation to causeway bridge at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks west bay. my routes are saved to get outta fatboys so i think ill be good missing the reefs right outside. Ill use tx city basin

Bcerny didn't think about going from galveston bait and tackle that is good idea

Comment

It is a shorter 'run' from the GBT.. but watch out for the old concrete piles. they are on navionics.. just stay a little closer to the causeway and away from the red dots on navionics.. and thanks again for the props on the DVDs. holla anytime.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
          X