Looking for stingrays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for stingrays

I am looking to catch some stingrays for research purposes. I have waded Lake Como shore of GSP, and several places along the south shore of Christmas Bay without any luck. Any advice for where to find them this time of year I would really appreciate it!

Don't tell us you're the poor guy that field tests stingray guards. Lol. Hit any marsh drain mouth on a outgoing tide. You will find them.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ha, no. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Comment

Go flounder gigging, you will find more rays than flounder every time. Might get the law called on you after tonight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
          Go flounder gigging, you will find more rays than flounder every time. Might get the law called on you after tonight though.
          Thanks! Is it best to go at night-early morning. Or is it possible to find them during daylight hours?

Comment

See a lot of them wading during the day.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

go to the flat by sea isle dude. There are some real big ones over there and more small ones than my feet like to wade through.

Comment

Originally posted by westbaytroutassasin View Post
                go to the flat by sea isle dude. There are some real big ones over there and more small ones than my feet like to wade through.
                Thanks very much! We will try that area later this week.

Comment

The flats on the back side of San Luis Pass. Saw several along the shoreline while wading last weekend. None were in a hurry to get out of our way.

Good, fast, cheap.....pick two!

Comment

I second Sea Isle. Especially that area right off the road before you get to the pier. Wade out there and go south and you will see them and step in their moon craters. Or cast some cut mullet out there and you will catch them.

Comment

Thanks All for the advice and suggestions. We will be going out this weekend. I'll let you know what we find.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. Conditions haven't been the best for going out the past week and we haven't had any luck. I use to buy stingrays from the bait shop on 61st street that got wiped out by Ike. Does anyone know a shrimper that might be willing to get some stingrays for us? I will pay.

Comment

Went out yesterday to walk the flats areas at San Luis Pass, Sea Isle, and the State Park looking for stingrays. Water was very clear. Wore shorts and wading boots and water temperature was fine. Didn't see any rays or much else besides crabs and small fish. There was a guy at the State Park that said he had caught two stingrays about half an hour before we got there.

Comment

Greetings! I went out to Lake Como on Friday and Saturday last week, Galveston State Park side. Waded out and fished the channel bottom. Nice days! Caught two stingrays on Friday around noon time, on live shrimp. Went back on Saturday to same area, didn't get any rays but did catch some croakers and some undersize reds (all released). I am wondering if the rays will still be around in the deeper channels as the water temps drop or are they going out into deeper waters and likely not accessible until water temps start rising again?

Comment

Working...
                            X