South shoreline Coves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South shoreline Coves

I've been wanting to hit up the south shoreline coves like Maggie's and snake island. What is the best time of year/ conditions to fish these areas? I've heard the fall is good from a couple of magazines I read but just trying to get ya'lls professional take on the matter since ya'll are the kings of west bay n all.

Those coves are best in the heat of summer.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	562597 summers only huh...just go fish bro..best way to learn it is just pick a cove from goggle earth and hop out the boat and wade it. Find the grass,sand,mud,shell,and guts and learn them front to back. Fish are there

Comment

Originally posted by ROGUECUSTOMRODS View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]32893[/ATTACH] summers only huh...just go fish bro..best way to learn it is just pick a cove from goggle earth and hop out the boat and wade it. Find the grass,sand,mud,shell,and guts and learn them front to back. Fish are there
        Lmfao yeah I don't know if hogie has ever done any of that[emoji121] [emoji87] [emoji87] [emoji87] [emoji87]
        He has alot of learning to do have you ever fished with him?
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Yes , big trout can lurk way back in those coves in winter .
          Tobin's ( he is on this site ) TROUTSUPPORT dvd's will teach you to find trout year round . Really , you will gain the knowledge of seasoned experts that took them years to learn .
          Fill Your Stringer With Quality Fish. Here you will find everything you need to take your inshore fishing game to your next level. Learn how to locate speckled
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hogie was playing a prank , I believe .
            He knows how to fish .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

From everything I've heard big trout are best caught in winter in 2 foot of water or less.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been waiting since Nov 8 for somebody to bite on this.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                  I've been waiting since Nov 8 for somebody to bite on this.
                  The hook is set JT... Just let it sit long enough and they will come.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                    The hook is set JT... Just let it sit long enough and drink at least a 12 pack, maybe 2, and they will come, but you'll be too drunk to notice the fish hit your line.
                    FIFY.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Those big trout elude us all at times. But with a little patience and a lot walking and wading you gradually start to notice the trend of those bigger fish. I keep log books especially this time of year. The toughest obstacle I have found is the east wind. It pushes a lot of water into the bay system and seems to spread them out a bit. If you listen to guys like plugger, JT, Hogie they never steer anyone wrong on this site. Now they wont give you the exact spot to go as some things are just sacred and that boarders on blaspheming. But these guys know their bay and know their fish. I try to help out as much as I can as well.

Comment

here is a video link for big trout in winter

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          FIFY.
                          The best way to find fish is to cruise around drinking beer and watch somebody else that's catching and go potlick them..isn't that right robolo?

Comment

potlickin is a way of life for some folks...

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                              The best way to find fish is to cruise around drinking beer and watch somebody else that's catching and go potlick them..isn't that right robolo?
                              Always worked for me. I just follow Aqua Pimp around to find fish.
                              I can't figure out why but he's really been bad mouthing me lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X