Sea Wolf 11-12-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Wolf 11-12-16

The dreadful overtime I've been working all year is finally over. This was my first trip for 2016.
    Went to Sea Wolf as usual for some flounder. Took a 15" and 17" to my parents and gave
    two 15" away. Fished from 3:30 till 5:00. Dad will be 88 next month.
    Talking to a few people I learned that Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were great.
    People were catching 20 to 25 fish.
    Today was pretty slow.
    I saw one guy slip and go under. Luckily he was fishing with a buddy and he pulled him up.

Now for something that is just crazy. When I arrived I pulled in and parked directly in front
    of the no parking sign on the right side of the road. There were quite a few empty spots
    toward the front on both sides. A Galveston Police office pulled up next to me and asked
    me to park somewhere else. I said yes sir, but was a bit puzzled. He then went to the
    left side of the road and was telling someone to move also. He was being very polite,
    so I asked him what was going on. This parking has not changed as far back as I could
    remember. He stated that they had been getting calls all day stating that people were
    parking were they were not allowed. Myself and the other gentleman told the officer that
    we were a big confused. Did they change the parking rules??
    The officer hinted that he thought the calls were coming from Sea Wolf Park, but
    he didn't directly state that. He did tell us that even after placing parking tickets
    on many vehicles, the same person was still calling and complaining.
    He also said that someone had pulled up a No Parking sign according to
    the continuous complainer. I did notice that the vehicles on the left side
    were parked much farther than the right side. So maybe there was a sign removed,
    but NO ONE was parked past the No Parking signs and they had placed Parking Tickets
    on many on both sides of the road. As far as I know this has never happened.
    Ticketing vehicles NOT past the signs???
    How can they ticket someone when they are NOT violating the signs.
    I moved back about 10 spaces past the vehicles that had tickets on them.
    The officer drove by and gave me an ok nod.
    I am going to attach a photo from Goolge Earth showing last year.
    The left side has a few more cars. Today the left side had about 15 more
    vehicles than the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seawolf Jan 2016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	577049

RC, Did you notice if anyone was catching any stingrays over there at SW Park?

Comment

I didn't see any caught or hear of any.

Comment

Good to hear you are done with overtime and can fish !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

For what it's worth. If you go to Google street view in this area, there are signs posted to where the car is turning at the bottom of the photo you posted. It may be that some of these signs were pulled, though typically a City ordinance will spell out the no parking zone buy some measurement for the particular stretch. Pulling the signs out of the ground doesn't change the ordinance.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Good eye. Your correct, the signs on both sides are placed just before the last Power Pole on the
            right side.

Comment

Working...
            X