Prayers Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Please

Lost a co-worker this weekend and it's been a very tough morning here at Angleton Junior High. My students are very upset, as am I. Asking for prayers for his family, students, and players. He touched so many lives, just in our school community. He was a fine young man, who made great efforts to affect the lives of his players and students. He was a fine fisherman. We often spoke of going fishing together, but we never got the chance. I don't have all the facts, but apparently he drowned in Christmas Bay yesterday and was found this morning. The facts that matter most are the positive influences he had on so many young men and women. He will be remembered for the difference he made in many lives. Rest in Peace J.R. Wagner. - Sandy
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

That's a tough loss. He and his family will be in our family's prayers.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Thanks for posting this Sandy, he was a good man. I was saddened to read everything this morning. We'll be sending prayers.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Very disturbing and sad story. If I'm going to go that's the place I would hand pick. Prayers sent. I hope he had a stringer full before he left us.

Comment

Sorry to hear that young man lost his life. I heard he's been married for only a year and expecting a child. I was out there yesterday and saw a couple of groups of duck hunters and one man wading the south shore line, may or may not of been him.

Comment

Sandy
            may I ask the situation around his death? did he have a medical situation out on Christmas or was this an accidental drowning in bad weather? I'm real sorry for the loss of your friend. This just goes to show you that we (I) get very complacent on the water all the time and its usually a simple accident that is destructive.

Comment

I really don't know any details at this time, and I don't want to guess at anything. I can tell you that I was about a mile or so away and the weather was beautiful. It was windy out of the South about 20mph, but the area people are guessing he was in would have been very protected.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Comment

Just tragic. Sandy, I'm sending some extra prayers for you, the staff and for the kiddos at the school.

Comment

Sad that we lost another sportsman. Sadder that he was a friend of Sandy's. Prayers sent for his family, Sandy, his co-workers,and his students.

Comment

I have seen this man. Never had the pleasure of meeting him or introducing myself. This is without a doubt one of the most tragic stories I have heard in a while. Saddening that such a decent and good person was lost. Truly sorry Sandy truly. It makes you really think though and gets your attention, I brag all the time about just how tough I am wading in the worst conditions day/night by myself. work across deep guts with my waders on things like that, when something like this happens, All I feel is sadness for him and his families and stupid for my ridiculous risks I take. I'm checking myself around this one that is for sure and maybe his death will keep others alive. I know that is no real comfort.

Comment

Just learned of this sad situation, and praying for all that are impacted by this young man's death. I first thought it might be you Sandy. Very distressing to think about. Stay safe everybody.
                        Scott
                        "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

So sad to hear. Prayers & condolences to the family & friends.

Comment

Prayers sent Sandy. I was just watching the news and heard the story.
                            Very sad.

Comment

Awful
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X