Depths of the Southern West Bay bays during the Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depths of the Southern West Bay bays during the Winter

I was in Eckert today with a kayak. Just wondered if my 1652 G3 would make it in and out during most Winter tides?

Looked like there was a channel in..and I saw one of the resident boaters come in and tie up.

Is this the case with most of those bays (on low tide) on the South Shoreline during the Winter?

thanks richg99

It can get skinny I've seen it at 2' in Pirates channel.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I can run, or at least putt putt, in two feet. Is that true in most of those bays

Comment

Use google earth and the old imagery from january 2009 you can see most of those south coves still have small navigable waterway. especially if it backs up to a home community

Comment

Thank you very much. I never used the old imagery and hadn't envisioned it being so helpful. rich

Comment

Originally posted by Cd1248 View Post
            Use google earth and the old imagery from january 2009 you can see most of those south coves still have small navigable waterway. especially if it backs up to a home community
            That is true. Sept of '08 Ike blew out all the old guts that were there.(esp at slp). a lot of them have sanded back in now.

i hired a pilot to fly over in Jan of '09 and film all of that. it was remarkable how you slide the photos from pre Ike to post Ike and faintly see every old gut and afterwards see them very easy.

Matter of fact, AP and his Daddy Mudskipper were out with the Tx parks people that day catching flounder for a study and they show up over in Snake Island cove in a photo! lol

Comment

Yip, had a special permit that day that allowed me to keep all the under sized trout we could catch and small under sized flounder for the hatchery.
              Caught a ton of fish, the. Blew an engine headed back to the dock. LOL

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......
              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

The tide was so far out that day and Zero wind; I walked from my house on the bay side on sand to SLP all the way.

But, but but......I thought ALL the flounder leave the bay in cold weather to go spawn????????????

Comment

And so do the Trout........

AQUA PIMP
                  AQUA PIMP......
                  "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                  X