Winter problems trout/Jon boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter problems trout/Jon boat

I just bought a 16' ft Lowe aluminum Jon boat to get me around the bay, I live in sea isle so I wanna fish more around my area, or my second option the watermans boat launch in pirates. I fish the local snake island reef/Cove frequently this year and done great until this cold strike. I have tried danas cove and other Galveston state park area, I'm not looking for any honey hole but can anybody give me tips on where the fishing is good in the cold this time local around sea isle that I can take my friends out and catch a few fish. I haven't really tried the San Luis pass in the cold I think it's too shallow but so is snake island any tips on where the trout are running in the winter. I also use artificials mostly I use shrimp if needed on a popping cork. Let me know if anybody can help with some tips I'd like to head out tomorrow evening and try it out!

Welcome to FishWestEnd!

Capt. Steve Soulé and Capt. Greg Francis have written multiple articles and have allowed us to republish them here. They offer a wealth of knowledge to bring you up to speed.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Those articles are very good. The areas you have been concentrating on can be very good even in the cold. They just tend to take a little more figuring out.

Comment

Also you can buy tobins trout support videos. Just a wealth of knowledge to be learned in them. Watch them before and after each trip and you'll be on them in no time.

Comment

Just put in your time on the water. You will figure it out.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X