8 mile rd/sportsman rd boat launch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 mile rd/sportsman rd boat launch?

Hey I'm trying to figure out the best place to launch my boat near confederate reef. My dad hates long boat rides to fishing spots in case there is a lot of chop. What's the best place to access the bay near south deer island/ confederate reef? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jamaica beach has a public boat ramp

Comment

$10 to launch at Pirates. That's the closest launch. Aint no launch off Sportsman/8 mile.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
        $10 to launch at Pirates. That's the closest launch. Aint no launch off Sportsman/8 mile.
        There is a ramp there but it's pretty sketchy. Pretty much a kayak launch if you ask me.

Comment

yeah kayak only on that ramp although on sportsman i have seen some guys do sketchy boat launch

Jamaica beach or pirates

Comment

Thanks for the input guys I think I'll just launch at 61st street. They have a brand new ramp that's really nice and I can make an easy run out there in the pretty much wind protected waters of offatts. Game plan is to work a couple areas near the airport and if I have no luck run out to confederates. I'll let yall know what happens

Comment

Originally posted by Cd1248 View Post
              yeah kayak only on that ramp although on sportsman i have seen some guys do sketchy boat launch

Jamaica beach or pirates
              ilaunchakayakfromthereandthoughtisawarampabout400m westoftherenotsureifitspublic

Comment

Originally posted by MobyYakk View Post
                ilaunchakayakfromthereandthoughtisawarampabout400m westoftherenotsureifitspublic
                ??

Comment

HUH!!!
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by trophytroutman View Post
                    HUH!!!
                    I think he means the area right at the end of 8 mile road where I think there used to be a bait place but now it's just a bunch of poles in the water. Not really sure.

Comment

Let me assist by using the "space bar"

I launch a kayak from there and thought I saw a ramp about 400 M west of there not sure if it's public.
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

is the 61st street ramp new and public?? i dont remember seeing it on google earth. Looks like just a dirt lot with a ramp now

Comment

Originally posted by Cd1248 View Post
                          is the 61st street ramp new and public?? i dont remember seeing it on google earth. Looks like just a dirt lot with a ramp now
                          It has a really nice ramp and parking now. They have finished all construction. It won't show up completed yet if you Google Earth it.

Comment

Working...
                          X