People Stealing Kayaks on West End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Stealing Kayaks on West End

Thieves have been coming by water and stealing Hobie Mirage and other kayaks in Jamaica Beach. Last night they got a bright red one and another Mirage across the canal. If you live in JB, Pirates, Tiki, Sea Isle, etc. be aware and lock up your stuff!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Bummer
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

People in Houston want to kayak too. LOL
      "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Unless someone adds a motor to their yak, many owners do not know that there is a serial number engraved into every kayak.

It would be a good idea to at least have a picture of that serial number. Mine have been cut into the plastic near the stern on each of three different yaks.

Might help in recovering it someday.

richg99

Comment

Originally posted by richg99 View Post
          Unless someone adds a motor to their yak, many owners do not know that there is a serial number engraved into every kayak.

It would be a good idea to at least have a picture of that serial number. Mine have been cut into the plastic near the stern on each of three different yaks.

Might help in recovering it someday.

richg99
          First thing I did when we bought my wife'sg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had ours stolen years ago. I think they cut the locks and cables.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice. I hope they drown, get shot or maybe run over while playing in the middle of I-10.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sad to hear. I hate thieves.
                TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Two yellow ocean kayaks were stolen from a canal house in Terramar just before Christmas. Cable was cut. Whoever the thief is, it's doubtful they wind up on craigslist locally. My guess is they are headed for sale further down the coast.

Comment

Working...
                  X