Tony Martinez Fundraiser Auction: Trip to Blockade Runners Fishing Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Martinez Fundraiser Auction: Trip to Blockade Runners Fishing Camp

This is a benefit auction for Tony Martinez. Tony lost his leg last year and needs a prosthesis. Some of you may have seen the other thread I have on here for the gofundme page. As of 1-15-17, we have raised a bit over $1100. We have a long way to go to the goal, which is just north of $7000. So bid this up if you can afford it. 100% of this auction or any donation on the side will go directly from my hand to the prosthetic company once we have enough for Tony's new wheel.

Few people here know Tony, so I'll tell you a little about him. Tony is a handyman/carpenter, just like his brother VJER Vic, whom many of you did know. We lost Vic several years ago, but we're trying to keep Tony around. I've known Tony for 10 years and he's a very good man. He helped rebuild Blockade Runners after Ike, and he's done a lot of work on my house as well. Last year, Tony lost his leg due to an infection. He has truly amazed me with his positive outlook and perseverance. I do not think I would have been able to deal with the same situation in the same positive manner he has. He has actually started working again, doing his best on one leg. So this can really help him get back to living a better life.

What are we bidding on?

The winner will receive a 2 day trip to Blockade Runners, which is my fishing camp near San Luis Pass. This is a remote cabin that you must take a boat ride to get to. It's about a 10 minute boat ride from the ramp at SLP. If you don't have a boat, full water taxi services will be provided. We have all the amenities you could ask for. Shower, composting toilet, full kitchen, BBQ pit, electricity via generator, satellite tv, night fishing lights, use of a pirogue and kayak, etc. If you're wondering, just ask. This is for 4 people, but we could stretch it to 5 if necessary. The front porch sitting and sunsets are spectacular. I'm a pretty good cook and this auction includes a Cajun cooked breakfast (No eggs please. The smell makes me sick.) and supper of either redfish on the halfshell or trout debris. I'm also likely to have a big pot of butterbean melange or jambalaya on the stove for you to nosh on at your leisure.

This is my favorite place in the world. I can't wait to share the beauty of God's creation here in the Texas marsh with you and your friends or family.

I am not a guide, and this is not a guided trip, but the fishing here can be truly excellent.

Don't be afraid to post questions. I've included several pictures so you can get an idea of the place.

Bidding begins at $100. Auction will end at 9pm on Wednesday, January 25th 2017. You may take your trip any weekend I am available. There is no expiration date, but it would be best if we did this before 2017 passes.

Thank you everyone, and I look forward to seeing you reel some in at the dock. - Sandy

PS: For some reason, most of my pics I tried to post are not working. I'll try to figure it out.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

$200
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

I will bid $200

Comment

Sorry didn't see that 250

Comment

Great write up and effort, will check out the go fund page. Meantime I'll bid auction at $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a link to the GoFundMe page so y'all don't have to clickety on the other thread.

Hey Everyone, As some of you may know my daddy, Manuel Martinez AKA Tony, has recently… CHasity Martinez needs your support for Help Tony Martinez Walk Again

We've made some extremely encouraging progress in just the last couple of days. Mont over on TOS did a nice write up to stir interest and we've gotten some very generous donations. As I get set for bed tonight, we've gone from just over $600 in total to $2255, not including the bids on this trip. I really appreciate y'all! Special thanks to Root Canal, Tobin, and a good fishing buddy who wishes to remain anonymous for spurring me on with this endeavor. We're making real headway!
            Last edited by coachlaw; January 16, 2017, 01:02 AM.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Trying again to post pics.

Well, it looks like our automatic picture re-sizer is not working for me all of a sudden. I did find one older pic of the place that it had already re-sized, so I put it in.
              Attached Files

Comment

I think that is a Torque pic. Sandy I put in a donation. Thanks for everything you are doing for Vic's brother and family.

Comment

Is that you in the pic Torque? I always thought it might be Vic. Or did you take the pic?

6 days left in the auction y'all!

Comment

I just looked at the gofundme site.
                    There have been lots of donations over the last 4 days.
                    Total on the site has jumped to $4,270.
                    That's awesome!!!

Comment

Mont over on TOS had everything to do with that. He's a great man. He knew Vic well and decided to post it up over there. So many people remember VJER there and they really threw in.

The total right now including the cash and checks I have in hand, is $5070! I have 3 more checks/money orders on the way too. Not sure how much until they get here. This auction could put us in range if it goes as high as past ones have gone.

Comment

Received $300 in checks and money orders today! That makes the total $5370!

Bid it up boys. I promise you'll enjoy the place!

I received a PM regarding whether this place is female friendly. Yes indeed. It has a "Girl Friendly" seal of approval from no less than my high school math teacher, as well as her daughter. They're actually a partners in the place.

Comment

Got $140 tonight from some very generous members at the weigh in.

We're sitting at $5520 right now, not including this auction.

Comment

Sandy, Rach and I will donate 200 to add to the total.
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Awesome Mike! Thank y'all!

$5720 now!

Comment

Working...
                              X