Finally got out! Report 1/21/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got out! Report 1/21/2017

So I finally got out last Saturday and it felt great! Although the conditions weren't ideal, they were definitely manageable. Here is a brief report.

• Weather: Overcast and foggy until about 0930. Wind was at about 8-10 mph
    • Launch point: Louis' Bait Camp
    • Launch time: 0630
    • Trailer time: 1030
    • Estimated salinity (based on taste): ~20 parts per thousand (recent freshwater influence significantly reduced salinity)
    • Most productive substrate: Oysters in approx. 3-5' of H2O.

I wasn't amazingly productive, but I did manage to bring in 3 reds, although they were all slightly under slot. Sorry folks, I don't have any pictures to show. I caught all fish in about 3-5 feet of water over oysters. The bite for me was slow at first, but did seem to pick up around 0900. Unfortunately, I had to be off the water earlier than usual, or I feel like I may have caught more. All fish were caught with my own craft lures, which this time was on a gold fleck swimbait. Gold spoons have and always will be ultra productive lures, so I wanted to create a soft plastic that shimmered just like a gold spoon. It worked well! Anyway, that's all I got to say about that. Thanks guys and gals!
    Fin Fishers

sigpic

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope - John Buchan

Nice write up. Info packed and to the point. Keep them coming

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice report. ...... good job !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Fun report! You'll have to tell us more about your homemade lures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
        X