Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/4/2017 Report...Cold and Windy

Hey everybody,

Seeing as we are facing the weekend, I figured I would give a brief report from my adventures last weekend. First off, I'll be out this Sunday...anyone want to give up the location of their honey hole ? Last week's conditions left much to be desired, with it being cold and windy. I did, however, end up bringing a few reds and specks into the boat. Nothing crazy awesome, but I had a bit of success. To the report.

Weather: Cold and windy
    Launch time: 0630
    Take out time: 1200
    Substrate targeted: Steep depth gradient with adjacent oysters
    Lure: Homemade gold soft plastics (in photo)

The tide was almost dead low when I launched, so I ended up catching the incoming tide, which was moving at a decent clip. I caught all fish (both trout and reds) on a steep depth gradient in decent moving water. I had the most success jigging down the channel bank from the adjacent oyster shallows.

Here is one of the reds. Shameless brag...the lure is a homemade lure. The reds love the gold fleck. It's like throwing a soft gold spoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3289.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	577096

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Files
    Fin Fishers

sigpic

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope - John Buchan

Nice pics. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Working...
    X