Toxic Karankawa Cove Spill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toxic Karankawa Cove Spill

A friend asked me if I'd heard of a massive toxic spill from the lakes near Karankawa Cove . Y'all hear anything?
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

I haven't I would think people would have said something or need agency would be airing it
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

No but that could be bad since im fishing there tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They were dredging there not to long ago that could have something to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well , maybe a fishing report and spillage reconnaissance could be done .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

There were a series of acid pits near the back lake a long time ago. But they "cleaned them up", according to the paper mill...????
            I never did trust that .. But I'm sure they have all leached out by now.

Comment

Those pits are between Virginia Point and the Dike I believe., and nothing has spilled. Caranchua Cove may have some diesel slicks but that's all....I'll take a look tomorrow.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

There was an article the other day on it by Fox.

Comment

Kenny is right I think. Those are over to the east of the causeway on the north shoreline.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I thought they were referring to the pits right by the ICW just west of Carancahua Cut?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 9.18.27 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	562647

Comment

Kenny aint gonna like that you threw up a map with his private island on it.

I don't know much about Jim Blackburn other than he's a lawyer (i think) and always a watch dog in the middle of environmental issues.
                      I met his wife once over in Rice university area and tried to buy an oil and gas lease out from an oil company from them in S. Texas... I didnt have the "touch" that day and couldn't make a trade with them.

Comment

It is the McGinnis Pits-full of Dioxin and the EPA says they are spill-proof which we all know is pure BS. They were the dumping grounds and never have been 'sealed' that I know of. One of the news stations did an expose about a week ago-probably as a "new" news story related to the San Jacinto pits by I-10.

Blackburn may once have been a landman that cross educationed as an attorney. I once dealt with a "Jim Blackburn" that sort of retired, bought land down by Port Mansfield area and was a big hunter. Not sure if he's the same one that is usually in the news as an environmentalist (but not a nutcase like the WWF/PETA/Nature Conservancy fanatics). The Jim Blackburn I knew was a pretty likable fellow. Maybe if ya didn't invite his wife out for lunch at the local "Y" cafeteria he may have been nicer to deal with!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yeah , those would be the pits my friend was referencing. A workmate told him he saw a leakage report on the news . Well , I would have thought if a significant release occurred that there would be more information about it . Thanks for the input everyone .

Comment

That's the ones I was talking about. I know nothing of the others.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X