Wading just east of San luis pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading just east of San luis pass

I have a question. I like wading on the east side of san luis pass in west bay .i know it is strong currents there but i wade further into west bay . When is it good fishing there ? In coming/out going tide? Close to the bank on west bay or wade out far? Ive been there before with a little success, but i have seen people really pulling them in about 75 yards from me and i wasnt catching anything. I dont get down there often enough to explore alot. Any help would or advice would be very much appreciated!!!!! Thanks!

In coming and outgoing can both be good. You just have to find them on any given day. Tons of pressure or people will move them around. Many times they can be found shallow but you get too many people to wade through them and they will push out. They will also swing around behind you if everyone wades way out. Find rafts of mullet or shad and fish the area over very well.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Im open to anything to help me try and get on some fish . Im trying to get down there in a couple of weeks

Comment

Maybe those guys were fishing a gut . Explore over there if you get a chance next time after they move on . The guts behind the toll booth will be the same for years then be all different one spring . I can see that the sand " beach " area where you use to park is now under a couple of inches of water . But from what you say , you fish much farther east .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Are you motoring to your wade area or walk in ?
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Walk in. No boat!

Comment

So , do you park at the toll booth area ?

Comment

Yes . Its been a while since i have been . I dont get down. There much , but am trying to get down there in next couple of weeks hopefully

Comment

Well , like I said the "beach " area is mostly under a couple inches of water. Sounds like you go right maybe fishing the gut as you go and then go some distance east . You might explore the other side of the gut . The gut eventually gets shallow enough to cross . A shallow flat is on the other side . Past that are 2-3 guts . I fish the area in a kayak . Matter of fact , it would take me and a buddy 30 minutes to wade right and cross the gut and up on the flat . Kayaks were a new thing in 2001 and we both got one to make that crossing faster .

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
                    In coming and outgoing can both be good. You just have to find them on any given day. Tons of pressure or people will move them around. Many times they can be found shallow but you get too many people to wade through them and they will push out. They will also swing around behind you if everyone wades way out. Find rafts of mullet or shad and fish the area over very well.
                    Spot on. Couldn't have said it better myself.
                    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X