Finding carancahua reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding carancahua reef

So today after finishing the morning I decided to go try to explore carancahua reef for the first time. I thought it would be shallow and able to see more easily but I could not find the exact location. I was able to go I would assume right over it in about 3 feet of water but still couldn't tell which side i was on. Can anyone give me some pointers on actually finding the reef and where a good spot to anchor up and hop out would be. Any tips on the reef would be greatly appreciate thanks.
    (Couple Trout on the south shoreline early and a 27" red where I was looking for the reef)

Use Google Earth and use the time tab for previous photos. This will show you where the reef is. Most of it has sunk or eroded down a couple feet below the surface. However there are a couple spots that can get pretty shallow. It can sometimes be harder to find depending on tide.

Comment

Do what I do, wait for a really low tide and reach into the cooler for another beer, then "BAM" you find the reef and spill your beer. This tactic works good in the San Luis Pass area and around the old ICW near the Deer Islands.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Jerry that's called driving by braille...that's my style as well
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
          Jerry that's called driving by braille...that's my style as well
          Yeah. Worked well for you too! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I think I will try to avoid that method lol any advice on where to fish it? What side? North south middle? Thanks again

Comment

Yes...fish where you see bait.

Someone gave me this advice when I first joined..."approach the reef as fast as you're prepared to hit it".

- FP

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
                Yes...fish where you see bait.

Someone gave me this advice when I first joined..."approach the reef as fast as you're prepared to hit it".

- FP
                Sage advice . I wish I had said it.
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

If you use Dpops advice and fish where you see bait, thats a good combination.
                  TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X