I'm Back - 8 Day Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back - 8 Day Road Trip

Left Houston last Thursday with our 2 Grandkids going to Bath, Maine. My Son bought a Summer home up there and we took the kids while they drove a Uhaul/trailer combo.

Three days up with a 4 & 6 year old was sometimes fun but other times needed a Jack Daniels IV. I have never seen so many 18 Wheelers all driving 70-80 mph even through Construction Zones.., and there were many of those.

Started our return trip on Tuesday and drove from Bath to Roanoke Virginia. Next day headed to Tuscaloosa, Alabama and into the wind and rain from Cindy. I pulled into a station to get fuel and check engine light came on, then Reduce Power notification lit up. Luckily, we found a Chevy Dealer 3 miles away and coasted into their Service area about an hour before they closed. Stayed the night at a hotel across the street and by 10:30 yesterday they had replaced the DEF Injector (under warranty even with 115,000 miles) zero charge. Headed towards Houston in driving rain and wind but arrived safely at 8:30 last night.., what a trip!

States traveled:
    Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana.

If I ever go to Maine again, we will fly!

Need a couple of days to recover and then back to fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be young. I'd need a couple of weeks after a driving trip like that. Welcome Home. Glad it was a safe trip.
    Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
    RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome home, Tom!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sounds like quite an odyssey Tom. Glad you made it back.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Good to have you back safely ! That's a lot of driving . It's wearisome and the sight seeing from interstate is limited.
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
            X